Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Indians fearful after immigrant murdered by man shouting "Get out of my country".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Got it - a host or hostess to stop an active shooter at the door. Maybe a gun free zone sign to really reinforce the point.
    No, you don't always have to have someone armed at the gate, lets face it, there are soft targets and then there are softer targets.
    Sometimes anybody at the door is going to make all but the most determined shy away.
    This guy isn't the Florida Gay Bar shooter. This guy came in, likely from his history already intoxicated and got ejected. I'm guessing he had trouble with someone inside the Bar, perhaps even one of the people he later shot. He went home and then got a gun and came back and started shooting. When they found him seventy miles away, guess where he was? In another Bar.
    The chances are much, much better that had someone refused him service initially and done so at the door, he would have went on his sorry way and pursued killing the rest of his liver somewhere else and likely without incident.
    Sometimes turning this crap away at the door is a lot less trouble than what happens once you let it in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    So you're actually saying it is the fault of the business that this guy shot one of their customers?

It's exactly that sort of thinking that gave us gun free zones and increasingly burdensome laws. If you're saying that some bars could do more to protect their customers from crazy drunks, then fair enough. I stay away from establishments like that too. Armchair quarterbacking the bar's security plan can lead to lessons learned, but that still doesn't make this their fault. This is the perp's fault. Pure and simple. He decided for whatever reason to take felonious and amoral action and deserves to be punished. To place the blame anywhere else excuses criminals from their own actions, something that's been happening far too much in our society lately.

The bar doesn't "own this one" any more than they would if Mohammed Allah Ackbar drove a dump truck through the front window and killed everyone inside. In that case, Mohammed killed all those people, not the bar/city's failure to install a vehicle-proof barrier in the sidewalk.
    Yes they do, you don't serve drunks.
    If he got a drop of booze in there, they own it. I'm not sure about where you live, but here the penalty for over serving or serving someone already drunk is severe, I believe it is the same as serving a minor is the same and pretty clear and very well may cost you your license.
    If that went down, based on this guys history, they are going to have a hell of a time in court and likely a future civil suit.
    Last edited by Averageman; 02-27-17 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    To be fair, neither Luby's nor McDonald's had doorpersons willing to be assertive, bordering on curtness either..
    Well, yeah, but even Patrick Swayze would have had a hard time stopping George Hennard from entering the Luby's in Killeen, TX being as how he drove his truck through the front wall of the place.

ETA: In all this I don't think we have acknowledged a true hero, Ian Grillot:

In a public video released by the University of Kansas Health System, Grillot spoke from his hospital bed about what unfolded. When he heard shots being fired, he crouched under a table. Hearing nine shots, Grillot expected the man’s magazine to be empty, but soon realized he must have miscounted.

“I got behind him, and he turned around and fired at me,” Grillot said. The bullets went through his right hand and chest, fracturing a vertebrae and his neck, and barely missing his carotid artery.

“I’m grateful to be alive,” he said. “Another half inch and I could be dead or never walk again.”

He spent the night in the hospital praying that the two other men had survived the shooting, he said. When he saw Madasani enter his hospital room Thursday morning, “it put the biggest smile on my face,” Grillot said. He soon found out that Madasani’s wife is five months pregnant.

“I was just doing what anyone should’ve done for another human being,” Grillot said, his eyes filling with tears. “It’s not about where he’s from or his ethnicity. We’re all humans. I just felt like I did what was naturally right to do.”

The video is in the story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b8f4cd1e971b
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-27-17 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well, yeah, but even Patrick Swayze would have had a hard time stopping George Hennard from entering the Luby's in Killeen, TX being as how he drove his truck through the front wall of the place.
    You underestimate Patrick Swayze in his prime.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even better. I am thinking of a scene in "Good Guys Wear Black " with Chuck Norris. And Mr. Norris was definitely in his prime.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 02-27-17 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, probably. He certainly passed too soon.

Feedback Score
    Do not underestimate this man in his prime...

6eb24cd16b441d0a0f70dadde19759b0.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345