Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time 9mm AR builder

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ISiman/oh View Post

Got it all put together today and put another 100 rounds of winchester whitebox through without a hiccup. I'm hoping the extremely simple blow back operation and relatively loose tolerances lend to a very reliable weapon for years to come. Though I have done no bench testing yet, just sighting in the irons show about 2" group off hand at 25 yards which is well within my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NIIIICEEE!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So curiosity got the better of me, and I grabbed an A5 buffer from the parts bin and with an A2 rifle length action spring I went to the range with the 9mm AR. This is being used in a standard carbine-length receiver extension. I tried a few individual rounds in a mag to check for the bolt locking back, and to inspect for any obvious damage to and components. I ended up putting about 100 rounds through it in this set-up (carbine RE, rifle action spring and A5H4 buffer) with no function issues. It actually felt a little smoother than with a solid steel extended buffer like KAK sells. I would think about trying the A5 set-up, especially if you already have the parts around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12