Thread: ACOG TA45 on a 9mm PCC?

Feedback Score

ACOG TA45 on a 9mm PCC?

I've had nothing but problems with RDS and want to go back to ACOG on a 9mm PCC. I've had full size ACOGs for almost 20 years and they never failed me.

How does 1.5x24 TA-45 work on a PCC? Field of View? Speed of acquisition?

Is 1.5x24 optimal for a PCC or is there a better choice? I prefer green donuts.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    The TA44 ACOG would be very good on a PCC, that would be my recommendation. It functions like a red dot, but feels like an ACOG.
    The TA45 is also nice, the eye relief is unbelievably good. I owned one and found it to be slightly slower than the TA44.
    The TA47 would also be a good choice for that sightly increased magnification. Eye relief is good, but slightly less and slightly slower then the above two.
    Avoid the TA50.
    Last edited by masakari; 03-04-17 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    After comparing both the TA45 and TA44 side by side the TA44 is a better option for a red dot alternative. In addition I like the donut radical better than the triangle.

Feedback Score
    Right. I've ruled out TA45 completely due to the above reasons and also looks like it lacks green reticle completely, weird.

My choice is really between TA44SG-10 and TA-47 with green crosshair. Both look appealing.

I like both CQB abilities but also shooting MOA at 100m. Seems like TA44 is better at close ranges more like a RDS while TA47 can reach with more precision to 100m

Feedback Score
    Honestly because this is a 9mm I think you'll be happier with the TA44. I have also looked through a TA47 and there is not that much difference, it just made it hander for me to use it both eyes open, in addition to having a tunneling affect. If you do want more magnification I would suggest the TA33, but in your case I don't think it's warranted for a 9mm pcc.