Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody using the PWS ratcheting castle nut/end plate with a non-PWS buffer tube?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I have two of them, they have been on my AR's for around eight months. I had no issues installing them on my Vltor A5 RE's , and they are still tight, as expected. They are not really needed but they are nice if you have to remove the castle nut for some reason.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf24 View Post
    I've been waiting for the PWS ratcheting castle nut/end plate to be available separately and now that they are I was going to order a few. If you're not familiar with this product, here it is:
    https://primaryweapons.com/store/pro...te-castle-nut/

As I was getting ready to order I read a negative review on JBO and decided to see if anyone else had any bad experiences. Then I found what appears to be a video made by the guy who left the negative review on JBO:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPbdzOU_frg

Basically he says that the tab that goes into the buffer tube to prevent it from rotating isn't very long, and allows the buffer tub to rotate. It looks like he's using a pistol buffer tube, possibly this one based on the stock:
    https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...-package-black

But looking at pictures of the PWS end plate, that tab does look kinda short. It doesn't look like there are a lot of these out there, so there aren't a lot of reviews - positive or negative. So here I am, asking if anyone here has any experience with this setup - specifically with non-PWS buffer tubes, since I'll be using them with the A5 system and not the PWS buffer tubes.

So, anyone use one of these and have any insight?

Well I believe I had about a 180 degree change in viewpoint regarding Primary Weapon Systems and their ratcheting castle nuts.

Does one of these RE endplates lookl like someone touched this up with a Sharpie? My old SFC eyes could be playing tricks on me.

That's not a trick question. Is it easy for you to identify the two new ones vs. the two old ones? One old one is a dead giveaway, but what do you think?

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 06-09-17 at 16:05.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got the setup on both my PWS and I ordered another setup for a billet lower. I will get some pics shortly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Well I believe I had about a 180 degree change in viewpoint regarding Primary Weapon Systems and their ratcheting castle nuts.

Does one of these RE endplates lookl like someone touched this up with a Sharpie? My old SFC eyes could be playing tricks on me.

That's not a trick question. Is it easy for you to identify the two new ones vs. the two old ones? One old one is a dead giveaway, but what do you think?

Yeah, the two middle ones.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Can confirm mine is not like that.

20170610_130208.jpg

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf24 View Post
    Yeah, the two middle ones.
    From left to right the 2nd endplate has had a Sharpie used on it. That particular end plate is one of the "brand new" end plates that PWS sent me to replace the bad ones. I quote "brand new" because that's what PWS communicated to me.

Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12