Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Input Help Gents: CLYDE ARMORY - ATHENS, GA

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Need Some Input Help Gents: CLYDE ARMORY - ATHENS, GA

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any business interaction with Clyde Armory out of Athens, GA? https://clydearmory.com/

I'm in the process of making a purchase of several hundred dollars, and they require me to send a Cashiers Check or MO to them to pay for the item. According to their website: "Due to recent attempts at credit card fraud, all optics being purchased must be paid with a cashier's check or money order."

My initial instinct is to just drop it, but I have been having a hard time to find this particular optic in this price range. It's not a "too good to be true price", but it is a very good price, but not unreasonable.

So is Clyde Armory legit? Business owners, esp. GS owners - does this practice makes sense? I'm struggling because they seem to be a legitimate company, they have positive reviews in social media-land, (Facebook, Yelp, BBB, and on the HighRoad forum (from 10 years ago)
    Plus he's a veteran, and a proponent of gun store rights:Athens gun shop owner testifies to Congress on asset seizure

The more I write and dig, the more comfortable I am becoming, but I would appreciate any insight from the 'brotherhood'.

As always, thank you.

RTT
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Deal with them regularly, always pleased with them. Live about 3 miles away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've dealt with them for years. Bought SIG 550 mags, a couple Colt 6943 SBRs and mp5 mags over the years. They even took care of me after I bought a bunch of mp5 mags and discovered around 6 months after purchase that a few were not german. They swapped them out for German mags without any hassle. They are good to go.

You can deal in confidence.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Deal with them regularly, always pleased with them. Live about 3 miles away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thank you Buckaroo. My home office is in Athens so I was thinking to ask my boss to go by and pick the item up, but then I'd have to pay sales tax.

Thank you for chiming in. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I've dealt with them for years. Bought SIG 550 mags, a couple Colt 6943 SBRs and mp5 mags over the years. They even took care of me after I bought a bunch of mp5 mags and discovered around 6 months after purchase that a few were not german. They swapped them out for German mags without any hassle. They are good to go.

You can deal in confidence.
    Thank you Josh for the feedback. This is good enough for me.

Mods, if you want to close this thread, it's fine. I've got what I need.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Parroting Josh, I too have bought from them over the years.

They are good to go. If you are ever in GA, stop by their storefront. Lots of interesting items. Esp. police surplus/resale.

They once had a Mini-UZI transferrable for a really good price and I boneheadedly thought I needed food instead.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Food over an Uzi....what were you thinking!?!

Food over Guns... egads!
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've made a few purchases from Clyde's and everything always went smooth. The yare definitely GTG from my experience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Multiple purchases, GTG.

"site:m4carbine.net clyde armory" gave me a bunch of threads with customer experiences.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bought my first AR from them. Good to go!

Feedback Score
    I've dealt with them for personal guns, as well as guns and accessories for my department.

Nothing but positive things to say about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast