Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did someone hold your hand the first time you attempted to get a stamp?

Feedback Score
    If it doesn't need a piston, you replace the spring with a solid tube called a fixed barrel spacer (cheap), or replace the piston with a fixed barrel adapter (more expensive but lighter).

Feedback Score
    Been researching. No longer interested in a suppressed pistol. It won't be hearing safe and there are drawbacks.

On a hunting rifle definitely. 2 or 3 gun rifle also yes IF SBR. If suppression made the difference between you and your neighbors so you can shoot, yes.

I don't seem to have a use for gun mufflers at this time. But I have learned a lot and am confident I can enter this process when the desire/need is strong enough. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Been researching. No longer interested in a suppressed pistol. It won't be hearing safe and there are drawbacks.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    What were you planning to suppress? I have an Osprey on my FNX 45 and its very hearing safe. Many rifles are not hearing safe with a can, I still wear ear pro on every rifle except my 300 Blackout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    What were you planning to suppress? I have an Osprey on my FNX 45 and its very hearing safe. Many rifles are not hearing safe with a can, I still wear ear pro on every rifle except my 300 Blackout.
    A Beretta Cheetah 7.65 mm.

But I found it told many times by users (of many kinds of pistols) that unless just firing a handful of rounds a person should still wear ear pro firing a suppressed center - fire pistol.

This is in addition to the usual drawbacks of suppressors. (Most obscure sights, add 1/3 to the weight of the gun and off the muzzle, make it get much dirtier more quickly)

The "coolness" of it isn't enough for me to bother. I'd gain nothing.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-02-17 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The "coolness" of it isn't enough for me to bother.
    Well I'm your Hucklberry! I'm most definitely not HSLD, just in it as a hobby. I used to be intimidated by the NFA process and really didn't want the gov't knowing much about me. Then I got a passport & a job at a defense contractor and realized it doesn't matter! That was 3 SBR's and 2 suppressors ago...

Just because you're necessary doesn't mean you're important.

Feedback Score

But I found it told many times by users (of many kinds of pistols) that unless just firing a handful of rounds a person should still wear ear pro firing a suppressed center - fire pistol.

This is in addition to the usual drawbacks of suppressors. (Most obscure sights, add 1/3 to the weight of the gun and off the muzzle, make it get much dirtier more quickly)

Moderators, we can close this thread out as the OP is no longer interested in suppressors or how to properly fill out the paperwork as the "coolness" isn't enough for OP to bother with it.
    Last edited by st381183; 03-02-17 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    Moderators, we can close this thread out as the OP is no longer interested in suppressors or how to properly fill out the paperwork as the "coolness" isn't enough for OP to bother with it.
    Not saying they arent usefull, but there is no application for me, beyond its kinda cool.

Feedback Score
    Ron3 or anyone else that's thinking about getting in to the NFA game: It seems that most people who buy NFA items use a trust. The primary reason people started doing this was to avoid a chief law enforcement officer that wouldn't sign their form (even though they really didn't have the legal authority to do so). Obama recently changed the rules so that everyone involved in the trust has to have a background check done, but the requirement for a CLEO signature is now gone. Therefore, the primary reason that most people started using trusts is no longer valid. Now there are other valid reasons for using trusts, but unless you already have a reason, it would be easier for you to just go the individual route. Then you'd only have one thing to worry about (the NFA paperwork) and not two (NFA paperwork and trust).

If you buy an NFA item from a store, they will fill out the Form 4. If you make one yourself, you'll have to fill out the Form 1. You have to get fingerprint cards and pictures made and send them in with both.

Feedback Score

If it's a range toy save the money.
    I don't know what 7.65mm is, is it supersonic?

Hearing safe or not, it's better to have it if your shooting without hearing pro, which makes it a huge benefit on hd guns.

The sights being blocked by the silencer is a non issue imo.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-02-17 at 19:39.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast