Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did someone hold your hand the first time you attempted to get a stamp?

Feedback Score
    When I think of "hearing safe" I don't think under 140 DB. I think of something I can shoot all I want (a couple hundred rounds) in a couple hours and know I'm not damaging my ears in any way.

I don't think any semi-auto firearm is going to do that except a .22 RF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    When I think of "hearing safe" I don't think under 140 DB. I think of something I can shoot all I want (a couple hundred rounds) in a couple hours and know I'm not damaging my ears in any way.

I don't think any semi-auto firearm is going to do that except a .22 RF.
    I don't think 22 is going to do that.

Any modern silenced handgun will likely not damage your hearing at all, but everyone is different, and different environments leaf to different noise levels.

Shooting a rifle with ear plugs exposes your ears to more noise than some silenced 9mm pistols. With no ears.

Feedback Score
    Yes. I have a Sig srd 556ti QD. Place I bought it from did all the paperwork I just sent it in.
    I might SBR a gun. I'm going to use the $40 SiCo thingy and their kiosk I think.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    But I found it told many times by users (of many kinds of pistols) that unless just firing a handful of rounds a person should still wear ear pro firing a suppressed center - fire pistol.
    Just to keep things in perspective the following things are also not hearing safe.

Most lawn mowers
    Driving Interstate with your windows down ( not to mention add radio blasting )
    Concerts in general, bar bands, etc,
    Nail guns, jack hammers, sirens, garbage collection of large steel bins
    Power tools in your garage, saws, vacuums, etc..

What were you planning to do that a set of basic but quality ear plugs would not solve? Even the cool kids wear them to concerts these days.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234