Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My 5.56 SPR: Will it still have a Purpose after the LR-308 is Built

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I was off bro. I mean, let's be honest, it's no lightweight carbon fiber job, but thankfully I was indeed confused with TT chest rig weight.

And the culprit. See? You don't really want to add this ugly thing to your collection. It would be out of place. Like a trailer park hooker at a debutante ball.

Lol. Whew, for a minute there I thought you were running around with a rifle with everything on it but the kitchen sink to get it up to 23 pounds.

And I think with a little makeup she'd be right at home with little recce sis.
    phpTm4oH7PM.jpg
    Actually that a bit of an old picture. running Larue clips on now, and have a SSA trigger in her. If I get ambition tomorrow I'll grab some proper current pics of the girl.

Besides she don't hold a candle to ugly like this poor lower that I called abomination. No, i didn't tear it up but it fell to me to fix it.
    phpIEYrXyPM.jpg
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Lol. Whew, for a minute there I thought you were running around with a rifle with everything on it but the kitchen sink to get it up to 23 pounds.
    Nah, if it ain't got a purpose it doesn't go on. Basically, I run an optic, a light and something angley to slide my hand up against. Too poor to run an an/peq-15. And don't mount lights on SPR's.

And I think with a little makeup she'd be right at home with little recce sis.
    phpTm4oH7PM.jpg
    Actually that a bit of an old picture. running Larue clips on now, and have a SSA trigger in her. If I get ambition tomorrow I'll grab some proper current pics of the girl.
    I can see some little SBR's running around. I dig the LaRue clips as you can see in different colors.
    Ambition on a Friday. Glad it isn't me that needs to stir up some ambition. I already gave at the clinic. But seriously, that's a solid looking setup. I like that ACOG, so definitely need to see the current pics on this one. You need to get up to speed on posting your pics online so we don't have to get a microscope to see your damn pics brother.

Besides she don't hold a candle to ugly like this poor lower that I called abomination. No, i didn't tear it up but it fell to me to fix it.
    phpIEYrXyPM.jpg
    And abomination is EXACTLY the word that popped into my mind. Toe up! I mean, who does such cruelty to AR lowers??? I'd like to see what you do with this one and how it turns out.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    That's a bit of an exaggeration, but yes they are lighter. A couple of pounds lighter is not half, but it does mae a difference.

Please delete this in case someone's wife stumbles upon this fact.
    Lol...it's how I "justified" my first 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm telling you MM, if I go from pure tactical utilitarian to gun-building enthusiast, I'm blaming you!!
    I wouldn't mind taking the blame for that one

By the way, here's the .308 that I put together on the 80% lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes it will still serve a purpose.

Initially most shooters will not shoot the LR-308 as well as a 5.56 SPR - some get frustrated and give up and sell them, rather than putting in the time to learn to drive it properly - (i'm speaking from a precision perspective). LR-308 will magnify the slightest little imperfection in marksmanship fundamentals that a 5.56 SPR will give you a pass on. Keep the 5.56 to maintain your sanity while you determine what loads and the nuances of how your LR-308 likes to be driven. It took me about 3-4 weeks of focused practice to determine how to drive my LR-308 as well as a 5.56 SPR or nearly to the level of a bolt rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post

That is great looking.
    16" barrel with a 15" rail?
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    That is great looking.
    16" barrel with a 15" rail?
    Thanks - it's a 14" Rainier Switch rail and Rainier 16" barrel. Rainier must measure the rail length at the top, not the bottom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nah, if it ain't got a purpose it doesn't go on. Basically, I run an optic, a light and something angley to slide my hand up against. Too poor to run an an/peq-15. And don't mount lights on SPR's.

I can see some little SBR's running around. I dig the LaRue clips as you can see in different colors.
    Ambition on a Friday. Glad it isn't me that needs to stir up some ambition. I already gave at the clinic. But seriously, that's a solid looking setup. I like that ACOG, so definitely need to see the current pics on this one. You need to get up to speed on posting your pics online so we don't have to get a microscope to see your damn pics brother.

And abomination is EXACTLY the word that popped into my mind. Toe up! I mean, who does such cruelty to AR lowers??? I'd like to see what you do with this one and how it turns out.
    I try to run my guns as slick and light as possible, but while I love my irons only carbine for range and practice, optics, lights, and nicer slings do make life easier and more comfortable.

And since you bitched, I went to photobucket. Is is bad I had an account but never did anything with it? Don't answer that. Anyway, here is a current picture of the rifle. Sling and larue clips and all. I do fine her to be a nice shooting rifle. If memory serves I want to say around 10.5 pounds loaded. That was after I gutted the junk in the stock and stopped trying to carry a damn armorer's kit and bubble gum in the ACS. Seriously, was like a pound difference.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And here she is with her more close quarter's/general purpose sister. And yes, both have SSA triggers cuz I like nice triggers and I cannot lie. And M600Us, because I can, and both shoot great.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post

Outstanding LR-308. What 80 did you use? I've come very close to picking up one and may do so yet, just for GP.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Outstanding LR-308. What 80 did you use? I've come very close to picking up one and may do so yet, just for GP.
    Here's what I bought: http://www.80percentarms.com/collect...lower-receiver

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast