Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Alien Covenant

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=SteyrAUG;2476354]
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post

I think it was implied. Don't forget the pilot had a blown out ribcage. According to Xenomorph mythology, in the absence of a queen a xenomorph can metamorphisize into a queen which would explain the ship loaded with eggs. Either that or a Queen stowed away on the ship, load eggs and the pilot became victim to a facehugger and was killed in flight by the maturing alien inside.

Given all that was shown about the Engineers in Prometheus, one has to wonder how such an advanced species fell victim to this life form in the first place. But that is the problem of prequels, they advance the story line to the point that it undermines the original story line often to the point of making it nonsensical.
    The engineers thought they could play God and nature bit them in the ass? You make the perfect genoecidal weapon....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

The engineers thought they could play God and nature bit them in the ass? You make the perfect genoecidal weapon....

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    In one of the should have been awesome,
    But was not,
    Alien vs. predator sequels,
    A space travel capable group experienced alien hunting predators take off with the body of a predator with an alien in it.
    No x ray.
    No test.
    No SOP for post alien TIC KIAs.
    There is no accounting for movie monster logic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The original AvP comics ruled. Like the very first comic series. Made perfect sense, had a staisfying plot, and a sensible ending.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The original AvP comics ruled. Like the very first comic series. Made perfect sense, had a staisfying plot, and a sensible ending.
    These comics/graphic novels were made for the thinking crowd...movies need to be made for the paying crowd. Sadly it seems that the studio execs want to appeal to the broadest swath of movie goers possible, so, in their eyes, the slobbering masses of mouth breathing, neck bearding WoW'ers get mixed in with the people who enjoy using their fully developed frontal lobes to ponder the possibilities of creative thought (who seem to be the minority of movie going sci fi fans) as 'target audience'.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I was going to once I logged back in.

April 26th was Alien Day.

So I guess we will see Dr. Shaw in this be it a short part.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting preview.

On a side note (for the thinking type movie-viewer), if this crew is technologically advanced since they're in the future, can travel light years away, have billions in funding, have technology to create AI humanoids and cryofreeze humans for long term-- why not create like an Ironman suit for the crew instead of standard space suits. You know, for protection from nasty aliens and such. Instead of walking around like idiots and get killed. It would make too much sense, I guess, and ruin the fun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Interesting preview.

On a side note (for the thinking type movie-viewer), if this crew is technologically advanced since they're in the future, can travel light years away, have billions in funding, have technology to create AI humanoids and cryofreeze humans for long term-- why not create like an Ironman suit for the crew instead of standard space suits. You know, for protection from nasty aliens and such. Instead of walking around like idiots and get killed. It would make too much sense, I guess, and ruin the fun.
    Same reason we don't have super-suits for our troops. The most expendable component is the organic one.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Same reason we don't have super-suits for our troops. The most expendable component is the organic one.
    Presently it is too expensive and the tech really doesn't exist yet to deploy such suits to our military.

But a privately-funded outfit such as in the Alien movies with billions of dollars and decades into the future, shouldn't be an issue. I would actually invest in that tech as a primary safety measure and more efficient movement e.g. fly from the main ship to a remote location, have built in weapons, makes equipment carrying much easier.

But I digress. I'm still waiting for actual flying cars we were promised 50yrs ago (not some helicopter/drone)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast