Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Alien Covenant

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    In alien they discover the derilict space ship full of eggs with face huggers which is some 100 years after the events of covenant but crash landed thousands of years ago. This movie makes it seem like David created the face hugger and ergo the xenomorph....
    Alien takes place 20 years after Covenant, which takes place 10 years after Prometheus.

There are supposed to be 2-3 more movies between Covenant and Alien that should explain how the eggs got on the ship on LV-426
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Alien takes place 20 years after Covenant, which takes place 10 years after Prometheus.

There are supposed to be 2-3 more movies between Covenant and Alien that should explain how the eggs got on the ship on LV-426
    Agree, but in alien it was implied that ship had been crashed there for thousands of years.

Feedback Score
    David's supposed creation of the xenomorphs and the crashed ship on LV-426 would seem to be an inconsistency that needs to be resolved.

Feedback Score
    I saw it last Saturday. The whole movie was predictable. Sounds like one inept decision by a newly crowned ships captain sent them all to doom. Meh, it was just ok for me, I might go see it again just to make sure I didn't miss any details.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Saw it last night. I would give it 6/10. It was entertaining but it created more problems than it solved in the whole Alien timeline.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    David's supposed creation of the xenomorphs and the crashed ship on LV-426 would seem to be an inconsistency that needs to be resolved.
    Agreed, now a human created cyborg is making the xenomorphs? Good lord, the head spins.....until it comes off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    One theory out there is that this is Ridley Scott's way of flipping his middle finger to the studios from James Cameron's Aleins onward and is going a completely different direction. One possible Easter egg, and it would MAMMOTH is that the "space jokey" in the original Alien is not an Engineer and instead David, Tennessee, or even Daniels inside Engineer space suit.

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Agreed, now a human created cyborg is making the xenomorphs? Good lord, the head spins.....until it comes off.
    In Prometheus the crew sets out to discover the ancient astronauts that had visited Earth in the past and created humanity. There is no clear explanation as to why the Convenient crew and the 2k colonists in cyrosleep left Earth. David tells Walter that the human race is dying, presumably having to leave Earth due to the planet dying and that humans don't deserve to start over. David is angry with humanity for creating him and his kind to be their servants. Discovering the Engineers bio weapon was his chance to wipe out humans and play god himself.

AI is the real antagonist here, not the aliens as they are just a means to an end.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-25-17 at 05:52.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617