Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Stoner quality?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

AR Stoner quality?

I tried searching, but on this site, I can't think of two more useless search keywords than AR and Stoner. Out of the pile of results, all I found was some talk of their magazines and a barrel for sale.

I'm planning my first rifle build this spring and unfortunately, the LGS only carries brands of lowers I have no interest in (Anderson, Del-Ton and I don't want no spiders or snakes). I would love to get a Sionics lower after all I've read, but the $50 receiving/transfer fee that I will be charged significantly jacks the price up. Therefore, I'm trying to build a list of worthwhile brands that I might find at the upcoming Fredericksburg Gun Show. What is the consensus on AR Stoner?

Thanks!
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't worry much about what lower you go with. As long as you're ok with the finish quality and the grip screw hole is threaded all the way through, any commercial lower should be fine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    I tried searching, but on this site, I can't think of two more useless search keywords than AR and Stoner. Out of the pile of results, all I found was some talk of their magazines and a barrel for sale.

I'm planning my first rifle build this spring and unfortunately, the LGS only carries brands of lowers I have no interest in (Anderson, Del-Ton and I don't want no spiders or snakes). I would love to get a Sionics lower after all I've read, but the $50 receiving/transfer fee that I will be charged significantly jacks the price up. Therefore, I'm trying to build a list of worthwhile brands that I might find at the upcoming Fredericksburg Gun Show. What is the consensus on AR Stoner?

Thanks!
    Where were you finding Stoner lowers?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

I haven't looked online specifically for an AR Stoner lower because my preference is to buy directly and avoid the FFL transfer fees. The Fredericksburg Gun Show is only a week and a half away and I want to be armed with as much info as possible. Most of the brands I've researched here have been found wanting for quality, but I posted this message because I couldn't find much of anything about AR Stoner. By your question, I'm assuming that they must be scarce.

Are there any quality brands that you think I should keep my eye out for at the gun show? If can't find something I'm confident in, then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order online and pay the $50 transfer fee. In that case, I'll probably buy the Sionics.
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have five del-ton lowers and they have been very good. The roll mark isn't obnoxious to me and everything appears to be in-spec. One needed some file work on the bottom of the mag housing to fit m3 pmags due to the overtravel stop but that only took 30 seconds.

AR Stoner parts are not held in high regard, and I believe they are midway's house brand for variously sourced parts. I don't believe I've ever seen a lower by them.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    AR Stoner parts are some kind of house brand that Midway sells and they are trash.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    You can't go wrong with an Aero Precision lowers or uppers if you find them at the gun show. I have no DelTon lowers but I have a DelTon upper, 3 barrels and bolts and they work for what I'm doing with them.
    kwg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    AR Stoner parts are some kind of house brand that Midway sells and they are trash.
    My son just recently bought an AR Stoner trigger from Midway on sale for $30. He compared it to the BCM/PNT trigger and they were both similar, except for the price. The ARS trigger was $20 cheaper. So, is this ARS trigger "trash" as well?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    He's asking about AR-Stoner, which is Midway's house brand parts.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/222...ar-15-aluminum

During the last panic, there were more than a few reports of issues with AR-Stoner branded parts. Enough that I have placed them on my personal do-not buy list. (ETA, beat by 3min.)

There is also a "Stoner Arms" brand out of Oregon. I have a couple of his lowers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Could you find a different FFL that didn't charge so much for a transfer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast