Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR Stoner quality?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There's quite a few FFL holders in your area that will do the transfer from $20.00 to $30.00. Punch in zip codes in your area into the search engine linked below.

http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    There's quite a few FFL holders in your area that will do the transfer from $20.00 to $30.00. Punch in zip codes in your area into the search engine linked below.

http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx
    Now THAT is a wonderful little tool - thanks!
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    I've never had any issues with Spikes stripped lowers. S&W makes good stripped lowers but I have had a difficult time getting gen 3 PMAGS in them (gen 2 works flawlessly).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    Thank you all - this has definitely been informative. The LGS has Battle Arms Development lowers for $209 - I've read good things about them, but I'm still thinking that I'll bite the FFL transfer bullet and get the Sionics because I've read even more good things about them. However, I won't buy either until I've cruised the gun show and seen what's available there.

To SR025, I used to go through an older gentleman working out of his home for only $25, but he has passed away and the LGS wants to steer you towards what they sell. While it doesn't please me, I can understand that they are in business to make money.

If anyone has more recommendations, I'm all ears. I'm a simple kind of guy and don't want or need fancy, but I'm willing to pay for quality.

Thanks!
    Why not pay ~$199 + FFL Transfer Fee and get a KAC stripped lower?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=22360

http://www.smallarmsales.com/product-p/22360.htm

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My local guy is $50 transfers as well. I think I paid more than $209 total for my BAD-15 Lower, but I wanted to splurge on my first SBR.

Lots of good options these days. Find the $20 transfer FFL and go nuts with a KAC!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post
    Why not pay ~$199 + FFL Transfer Fee and get a KAC stripped lower?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=22360

http://www.smallarmsales.com/product-p/22360.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    My local guy is $50 transfers as well. I think I paid more than $209 total for my BAD-15 Lower, but I wanted to splurge on my first SBR.

Lots of good options these days. Find the $20 transfer FFL and go nuts with a KAC!
    I am not averse to spending that much if it will give me what I want. Maybe I'm oversimplifying this or maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like IG would not plaster Sionics in his signature if it didn't meet spec. So, what does the KAC offer that the Sionics does not? Thanks!
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am not averse to spending that much if it will give me what I want. Maybe I'm oversimplifying this or maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like IG would not plaster Sionics in his signature if it didn't meet spec. So, what does the KAC offer that the Sionics does not? Thanks!
    Just a cooler roll mark for a $120.00 more, according to this thread!!!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...iver-Roll-Mark

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    AR Stoner parts are some kind of house brand that Midway sells and they are trash.
    My son just recently bought an AR Stoner trigger from Midway on sale for $30. He compared it to the BCM/PNT trigger and they were both similar, except for the price. The ARS trigger was $20 cheaper. So, is this ARS trigger "trash" as well?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    My son just recently bought an AR Stoner trigger from Midway on sale for $30. He compared it to the BCM/PNT trigger and they were both similar, except for the price. The ARS trigger was $20 cheaper. So, is this ARS trigger "trash" as well?
    It's really impossible to tell just from "comparing" them if it's a good part. Was the surface hardening done correctly? Were the engagement surfaces messed with after proper surface hardening, which could lead to hammer follow or double/triples? That's impossible to know from dry firing or putting a few rounds down range.

The facts of the matter are that AR Stoner developed a poor reputation for shoddy quality and QC during the panic of 12/13 where they had a lot of parts failing at abnormally low round counts. With BCM (or companies like them), you know you're getting a quality part. With AR Stoner? That's really going to be a toss up.

Feedback Score
    I have no experience with the Sionics lower, but from the looks of it (provided I'm looking at the right model) it appears to be a standard forged lower receiver. Same exact thing with the KAC lowers linked in that post, just a regular old forged lower receiver. Neither of them have any added features (like an ambi bolt catch/release, QD mounting points, etc).

In my experience, so long as you get a forged lower from a quality manufacturer, you'll be fine. Hell, my two registered SBR lowers are $50 PSA blems (I assembled to double check function before sending off the Form 1).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast