Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (VIDEO GAME)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of Siege.

I also thoroughly enjoyed co-oping through the Wildlands beta. I will most likely be picking it up.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I played about 6 hrs of the open beta and finished the missions. Played both by myself (with 3 AI, which are worthless) and with some co-workers (civilians) and my step-brother (veteran, current LEO).

My thoughts are... it's a lot like GTA V, but better shooting (including first person) and a lot worse driving mechanics. The helicopter is impossible to control, vehicles do a 90 degree turn with a slight touch of left or right, and even a family sedan can drive up a 60 degree+ dirt slope. Just about the only thing easy to control is fixed wing aircraft, and those can't even yaw.

I'll be playing it. It's fun. If you're planning on playing it on PC, let's swap ubisoft names or whatever.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting to here so many positive reviews of the Beta. I was originally very excited for this, and then a bunch of online reviewers and blogs started ripping it to shit and made it sound like we waited all this time for a hot sack of garbage. I am going to go back and see if any have changed their tune after playing the Beta

Feedback Score
    Absolutely loved the BETA and game is already purchased. It's a nice mix of the Division, and Far Cry. Name on uplay is graffex, hit me up suckas.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    To be fair, I was expecting to hate it: Ubisoft seems to be determined to run the Tom Clancy games into the ground. The only decent, recent game is Rainbow Six: Siege and it lacks a single-player campaign and any of the tactical preplanning and team/based movement that defined the originals.

Michael Ironside is gone from Splinter Cell and Sam Fisher seems to be going Benjamin Button on us. The Division was a waste of time. And GRFS was fun, but it felt like an Eastern European SOF team and it didn't feel like the sort of thing Green Berets would be doing (better than GRAW and GRAW2, where they were doing Delta Force things).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    One of my favorite things to do on the Wildlands Beta was to call in mortar strikes. Call in a strike, lob some grenades, lay down the lead. **** being stealth all the time.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I definitely have my eyes on this one. I've been looking forward to it for a while, but the poor beta reviews from the gaming rags turned me off. It seems like you guys have more positive things to say, so I'll have to look back into it when it releases.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I did not enjoy it. Felt like a shooter from ten years ago. Driving was terrible and the graphics up close were not good. I think if I had guys to play with it would be more enjoyable. But going solo was not that great. Too much spent on the open world vs the actual gameplay to me. I was a huge medal of honor (newer games) and bad company 1 and 2 fan. Would really like another game like that. But the multiplayer stuff is so big now it feels like campaigns are just bonuses

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    One of my favorite things to do on the Wildlands Beta was to call in mortar strikes. Call in a strike, lob some grenades, lay down the lead. **** being stealth all the time.
    There's this one mission in the beta where you had to find a traitor before his former buddies in the cartel found him. We ID'd him, then I drove up in a pick up truck, grabbed him, threw him in, and hauled ass out like a Mexican kidnapping. Was hilarious that it worked - you're obviously supposed to take out the cartel members searching for him then pick him up when it's safe.

In a later mission, you have to go into a mine and kill this dude. We drove an APC into the mine and blew up everyone with its main gun before we had to go down some stairs. Also hilarious.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 03-04-17 at 19:53.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    There's this one mission in the beta where you had to find a traitor before his former buddies in the cartel found him. We ID'd him, then I drove up in a pick up truck, grabbed him, threw him in, and hauled ass out like a Mexican kidnapping. Was hilarious that it worked - you're obviously supposed to take out the cartel members searching for him then pick him up when it's safe.

In a later mission, you have to go into a mine and kill this dude. We drove an APC into the mine and blew up everyone with its main gun before we had to go down some stairs. Also hilarious.
    In the first mission, I sniped the cartel guys with my team before dropping mortars on the main group of them.

Before I did the mine mission, I went to the mine to get the Tavor and flew there in a Little Bird with rocket pods. Dropped down to level with the mine entrance and sent rockets down the mine until the bad guys stopped coming.

I also found during the helicopter stealing side missions that the best way to keep the cartel lieutenants from fleeing with the helicopter was to find them and kill them before lighting up the rest of the cartel soldiers guarding it.

Also annoying: The most effective weapon against SBC and UNIDAD helos are rifle-mounted M203/320s. More effective than LMGs or mini guns. Maybe once the game comes out and I can get better optics on the assault rifles and sniper rifles, I'll be able to snipe the pilots (like I've done in Arma 2).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast