Thread: Leftest food propaganda

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My body constantly craves ales!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Yes because 800 calories of Twinkies is the same as 800 calories of lean protein.

Sorry, but the whole listen to your body thing worked for the cave man cause all he had access to was organic stuff in small quantities. We'd be extinct as a species if cave man could have had McDonalds.

Biggest problem we face today is the ease with which we can get crap into our bodies. Double down on the negatives with working long hours. By the time people get home the last thing they want to do is spend time making a decent meal. At least that my case. I hate cooking. Get home by 6:30-7:00 after being gone at 6:00 AM. Then homework check, laundry,... the last thing I want to screw with is cooking.

Eating healthy takes WORK. Rant off.
    Caveman genetics and with modern food availability and processing is why there's an ever growing % of obese people with obesity related diseases. The very problem is people "listening to their body" vs actually using their brains. Our genetics still tell us food is scarce (and until very recently it was) and we should eat all we can and store all we can because famine right around the corner.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Caveman genetics and with modern food availability and processing is why there's an ever growing % of obese people with obesity related diseases. The very problem is people "listening to their body" vs actually using their brains. Our genetics still tell us food is scarce (and until very recently it was) and we should eat all we can and store all we can because famine right around the corner.
    I read a very interesting article recently on this, explaining how similar findings with Native American tribes have revealed why their obesity rates are higher than the national average.

Honestly, I don't see a lot of political slant in food recommendations, but I don't spend a lot of time researching them either. I think too many people want an easy solution. Cutting down sugar and carbs and staying active seems to work for me- I'm in excellent health and have weighed 180-185lb for at least the last 10 years. Cut out soda over a year ago and my systolic blood pressure dropped 20 points. 20. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. I only drink coffee, water, and beer now .
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 03-02-17 at 14:56.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It may not be leftist, but there is definitely food propaganda.

The gov and several non-governmental agencies have been promoting very bad science for a couple of decades now. Pretty much as propaganda intended to change behaviors.

Many (most?) Cardiologists (including mine) have realized the various low fat, heart healthy, and similar high carb diets are a major source of the type 2 diabetes problem, which is then also a major enabler for cardiac artery disease.

After a blockage I expected to be eating sawdust low fat diet. Stunned to be put on low carb, reasonable protein and fat diet.

Cardiologist comment: "the dietician stuff is 15 years behind the research, and 10 years behind the medical consensus on dietary fat VS blood sugar as the real cause of heart disease and obesity."

Had two different doctors tell me that the whole dietary cholestoral thing (eggs and such) was one of the biggest bits of bad science in modern history. "The majority of triglycerides that cause coronary heart disease comes from blood sugar rather than being present in the food you ate."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My body constantly craves ales!!
    Ales are good food, no cholesterol.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    What the **** is this bullshit? America is fat as **** right now, went to a University job fair trying to recruit and I could tell you about 80% of the students we overweight. 10 years ago that was not the case.

Eat less? If you don't understand calories are not all the same you are not using the Brain your mythical cloud monster gave you.
    All of the fit, healthy guys in the Tampa area rode motorcycles and they're now dead. Got run over (murdered) by ethical, God-fearing Republicans.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    As a younger person who could stand to loose about 20 pounds. My biggest struggle is eating healthy mostly because it's so expensive. It also doesn't help that I work odd hours which makes cooking decent food daily difficult.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoecke View Post
    As a younger person who could stand to loose about 20 pounds. My biggest struggle is eating healthy mostly because it's so expensive. It also doesn't help that I work odd hours which makes cooking decent food daily difficult.

Couple things. Buy bulk whole foods. Chicken, ground beef, 25lb bags of rice, potatoes, eggs, etc. Skin on bone in chicken is even cheaper. Learn to cook variety with basic core ingredients.

The rest is just meal prep. When you have free time prep meals for the next few days. Tupperware is your friend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Couple things. Buy bulk whole foods. Chicken, ground beef, 25lb bags of rice, potatoes, eggs, etc. Skin on bone in chicken is even cheaper. Learn to cook variety with basic core ingredients.

The rest is just meal prep. When you have free time prep meals for the next few days. Tupperware is your friend.
    Thanks for the advice
    I try to buy bulk when ever possible
    I'm just at a weird spot in life right now. Thought the perspective might get people thinking.

Feedback Score
    This issue is going to be the DEATH of your "tribe". If whatever group you want to identify with doesn't take care of themselves, OR WORSE, negatively stigmatizes being conscious of your food choices, they will DIE.

Health and fitness allow everything else. Without health and fitness, the group is gone. All your guns are sitting in a storage unit while your family calls a lawyer to decide how to sell them and pay for the funeral.

Left-ist food propaganda? I will give it to you, veganism and vegetarianism are normally coming from the lefties. That is about it. The rest of the stuff is actually a reversal of decades old government propaganda about our diets. The gov has been in bed with private biz and questionably "independent" boards and study groups.

The skewed info provided by these groups has led the gov to recommend and finacially support production of certain foods and food like materials. This diet has crushed Americans. IMO this subversive act by the government has been among the worst ever. Independent Americans are dying the death of 1000 cuts.

Sometimes the lefties know what they are talking about. I would listen to them about many food related things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast