Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leftest food propaganda

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I think the average person might really need a diet.
    Ever stand in line at the grocery store and see some of the crap people eat? I'm amazed at some of it. Fast Food and the portions it comes in?
    I stick to really simple foods, fresh vegetables, meats and some very few simple grain products and lay off of the alcohol. I rarely go off of that track and I keep my portions at a human level.
    I try to hit the gym four days a week and do some long walks two to three days a week.
    It's a simple plan and it is working.
    What America as a whole needs is a LIFESTYLE. This crap people shovel in their mouths drives the crap that is produced (well...you make what sells, RIGHT?) and it's a vicious cycle. Check out how companies have put sugar in EVERYDAMNTHING because it is as addictive as hard street drugs.

I may not agree with that liberal from the NE, but when he wanted to limit fast food, and when some other senator or whatever wanted to limit weights of people who would be served at restaurants, as dick as they sounded, they probably would have saved more lives than any of the gun laws they tried to pass.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You didn't supply any example of "Leftest food propaganda" and posted overly general and essentially worthless advice here. I view Leftest propaganda as it relates to food/nutrition pushing vegan diets and such.
    Leftists are typically more educated, as a whole, and they tend to study more things like "nutrition" and "dietary counselor", and the like. I, for one, if I had to choose out of a grab-bag "eat like a leftist" or "eat like a conservative", would pick "eat like a leftist" and figure I'd live longer, as a whole, on average, outliers like Will Brink and Michael Moore excluded, lol

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Yes because 800 calories of Twinkies is the same as 800 calories of lean protein.

Sorry, but the whole listen to your body thing worked for the cave man cause all he had access to was organic stuff in small quantities. We'd be extinct as a species if cave man could have had McDonalds.

Biggest problem we face today is the ease with which we can get crap into our bodies. Double down on the negatives with working long hours. By the time people get home the last thing they want to do is spend time making a decent meal. At least that my case. I hate cooking. Get home by 6:30-7:00 after being gone at 6:00 AM. Then homework check, laundry,... the last thing I want to screw with is cooking.

Eating healthy takes WORK. Rant off
    No it doesn't.

You know what's in my dwelling right now?

Plantains
    Oranges
    Purified Vitamin D milk (it has like 15g of protein per glass, and half the carbs.)
    Organic chicken thighs
    Paleo Diet microwave dinners for work since I don't really feel like cooking for work, because I'm lazy (they contain plantains, greenbeans, shrimp, chicken, etc.)
    Propel fitness water powder mix (because I drink more water that way, and it replaces some of the potassium I blow out working out/drinking more water).
    Baked beans and instant rice. Because it's easy
    Eggs
    Extra Sharp Cheddar
    Whole Wheat bread
    Olive-oil low-fat mayo

That's it. That's all that lives in my dwelling to be eaten. It is NOT hard to cook, it is NOT hard to shop for, and it's cheap AF.

People are ignorant and/or stupid (depends on the person). It's not expensive and it's not difficult.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't find it too hard to eat healthy. I find it annoying to cook. As far as my tastes go I think I'm an OK cook. Summer time I mostly grill. I just hate doing it so I do it once a week and get it over with for the whole week. Try to buy healthy food in bulk, especially when it's on sale. Large variety of meats..... Chicken, lamb, pork, beef, fish...lots of fish... etc. Grains, fruits and vegetables. No stigmatism with any type of food. I either like it or I don't but I'm just as fine eating kale salad, tofu and fruits as I am red meat. Often times it's a little bit of everything for dinner.

Probably the best thing is that I never had much of an appetite for fast food and soda. Grew out of that in my teens.also helps that my parents never bought that stuff. The last time I had fast food and soda was over 10 years ago. I was stuck in Elkridge MD waiting for something and absolutely starving. The only thing close was McDonald's.

My only vice is alcohol! A couple shots with dinner on a cold day or a beer in the summer. I LOVE good beer. I can spend a day prepping food for the week and drinking beers

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't find it too hard to eat healthy. I find it annoying to cook. As far as my tastes go I think I'm an OK cook. Summer time I mostly grill. I just hate doing it so I do it once a week and get it over with for the whole week. Try to buy healthy food in bulk, especially when it's on sale. Large variety of meats..... Chicken, lamb, pork, beef, fish...lots of fish... etc. Grains, fruits and vegetables. No stigmatism with any type of food. I either like it or I don't but I'm just as fine eating kale salad, tofu and fruits as I am red meat. Often times it's a little bit of everything for dinner.

Probably the best thing is that I never had much of an appetite for fast food and soda. Grew out of that in my teens.also helps that my parents never bought that stuff. The last time I had fast food and soda was over 10 years ago. I was stuck in Elkridge MD waiting for something and absolutely starving. The only thing close was McDonald's.

My only vice is alcohol! A couple shots with dinner on a cold day or a beer in the summer. I LOVE good beer. I can spend a day prepping food for the week and drinking beers

Alcohol is so contested. Some studies support it. Some condemn it. I put it in the "calorie count" category, which is to say, I don't care one way or the other, but a case of beer is 6-1200 calories, and is probably a bad choice regardless of what side of the fence you're on, lol! Moderation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Alcohol is so contested. Some studies support it. Some condemn it. I put it in the "calorie count" category, which is to say, I don't care one way or the other, but a case of beer is 6-1200 calories, and is probably a bad choice regardless of what side of the fence you're on, lol! Moderation.
    Oh I wish it were only 1200 Cal per case. Stuff I drink tends to be at least 200 per bottle. It's definitely a calorie counter, no question about it.

Health benefits? Yes there are some assuming you have one or two a few days a week. Everything else is excess.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Leftists are typically more educated, as a whole, and they tend to study more things like "nutrition" and "dietary counselor", and the like. I, for one, if I had to choose out of a grab-bag "eat like a leftist" or "eat like a conservative", would pick "eat like a leftist" and figure I'd live longer, as a whole, on average, outliers like Will Brink and Michael Moore excluded, lol
    I considering myself Right of center with strong Libertarian leanings than a conservative. Don't wanna tell people who they can marry, what they can do with their body, nor what they have to eat per se. I do tell them what they probably should eat to be healthy without going food nazi.

I wonder if www.LibertarianNutrition.com is taken? What about starting the Libertarian Diet?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Oh I wish it were only 1200 Cal per case. Stuff I drink tends to be at least 200 per bottle. It's definitely a calorie counter, no question about it.

Health benefits? Yes there are some assuming you have one or two a few days a week. Everything else is excess.
    Guidelines are: "Moderate alcohol use for healthy adults means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger."

A few beers a day is fine from a general health POV. There's conflicting data, but I suspect red wine superior health wise to beer or booze.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...l/art-20044551
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Guidelines are: "Moderate alcohol use for healthy adults means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger."

A few beers a day is fine from a general health POV. There's conflicting data, but I suspect red wine superior health wise to beer or booze.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...l/art-20044551
    Agreed. I just don't see that as "moderate"

Examples of one drink include:

Beer:*12 fluid ounces (355 milliliters)

Wine:*5 fluid ounces (148 milliliters)

Distilled spirits (80 proof):*1.5 fluid ounces (44 milliliters)

It's like potato chips. Can't have just one!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Leftest food propaganda

No it doesn't.

You know what's in my dwelling right now?

Plantains
    Oranges
    Purified Vitamin D milk (it has like 15g of protein per glass, and half the carbs.)
    Organic chicken thighs
    Paleo Diet microwave dinners for work since I don't really feel like cooking for work, because I'm lazy (they contain plantains, greenbeans, shrimp, chicken, etc.)
    Propel fitness water powder mix (because I drink more water that way, and it replaces some of the potassium I blow out working out/drinking more water).
    Baked beans and instant rice. Because it's easy
    Eggs
    Extra Sharp Cheddar
    Whole Wheat bread
    Olive-oil low-fat mayo

That's it. That's all that lives in my dwelling to be eaten. It is NOT hard to cook, it is NOT hard to shop for, and it's cheap AF.

People are ignorant and/or stupid (depends on the person). It's not expensive and it's not difficult.
    Eating healthy is difficult as compared to driving through McDonnald's going to a restaurant or some other means by which tired, overworked and stressed out folks can stuff their faces. Fast food is also very tasty. Yes there are a good number who don't know better. There are also a good number who know better but just can't/won't make the investment in either time or $$. You think all those obese nurses and doctors are ignorant of the health issues associated with poor diets??

Not saying that those of us who need to dump some weight are right in the voices we make, just that there is an actual reason. It's definitely not a good reason, but it's still a reason. It's still our fault not the medias or the fast food joints or the Russians. We make the poor choices. I wasn't trying to pass the buck.

Tell me more of this paleo microwave dinner things. Where did you find them. Can't find anything local aside from Atkins stuff and that tastes like ass for the most part.
    Last edited by TAZ; 03-03-17 at 09:13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast