Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leftest food propaganda

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Guidelines are: "Moderate alcohol use for healthy adults means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger."

A few beers a day is fine from a general health POV. There's conflicting data, but I suspect red wine superior health wise to beer or booze.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...l/art-20044551
    That's what I mean, it can be argued all day long, so I just put it in the "count these calories" category vs. the "it helps/it hurts" category.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Eating healthy is difficult as compared to driving through McDonnald's going to a restaurant or some other means by which tired, overworked and stressed out folks can stuff their faces. Fast food is also very tasty. Yes there are a good number who don't know better. There are also a good number who know better but just can't/won't make the investment in either time or $$. You think all those obese nurses and doctors are ignorant This is why I listed "stupid", or, I should add another category "willful". They know what will happen, but it's the price they pay for the perceived benefits. That is not ignorant, or stupid, so long as they are content to pay for the ticket and ride the ride. of the health issues associated with poor diets??

Not saying that those of us who need to dump some weight are right in the voices we make, just that there is an actual reason. It's definitely not a good reason, but it's still a reason. It's still our fault not the medias or the fast food joints or the Russians. We make the poor choices. I wasn't trying to pass the buck.

Tell me more of this paleo microwave dinner things. Where did you find them. Can't find anything local aside from Atkins stuff and that tastes like ass for the most part.
    I buy them from Wal-mart, and I like them because they are actually BALANCED. They are not just "tiny portions of all carbs" or "tiny portions of all protein". Here is an example:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tp-Fzn-Pa...cken/165391532
    (Yes, that's actually really truly what it looks like. That might be an actual photo of the product for all I know, it's not like those burgers on the menu vs. what you get in the wrapper. The face of the box is open exactly as depicted. Actual photo of item you would walk out of the store with as-sold is being shown, as best I can tell.)
    You can tell it's for liberals because of the warning on the website "Warning Text: Keep Frozen, contents will be hot after heating."

To prove the above...just got this out of my freezer for you.

I still like it, though, rofl!
    Last edited by WS6; 03-03-17 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I buy them from Wal-mart, and I like them because they are actually BALANCED. They are not just "tiny portions of all carbs" or "tiny portions of all protein". Here is an example:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tp-Fzn-Pa...cken/165391532
    (Yes, that's actually really truly what it looks like. That might be an actual photo of the product for all I know, it's not like those burgers on the menu vs. what you get in the wrapper. The face of the box is open exactly as depicted. Actual photo of item you would walk out of the store with as-sold is being shown, as best I can tell.)
    You can tell it's for liberals because of the warning on the website "Warning Text: Keep Frozen, contents will be hot after heating."

To prove the above...just got this out of my freezer for you.

I still like it, though, rofl!
    Thanks. Going to swing by and look for them. Need some quick stuff 4 lunches.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I buy them from Wal-mart, and I like them because they are actually BALANCED.
    LOL at the Paleo, but if good balanced healthy nutrition, all good. I get Annies stuff and add some pre cooked cubed chicken to it for a quick healthy meal when too lazy to cook.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-03-17 at 12:01.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I buy them from Wal-mart, and I like them because they are actually BALANCED. They are not just "tiny portions of all carbs" or "tiny portions of all protein". Here is an example: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tp-Fzn-Pa...cken/165391532
    Those look pretty good, gonna have to try some.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    All of the fit, healthy guys in the Tampa area rode motorcycles and they're now dead. Got run over (murdered) by ethical, God-fearing Republicans.
    We do what we can... have to control the gene pool, can't have the rift raft breeding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Laziness mostly. I have been in the same boat for several years. Intaking crap because I was too lazy to make anything otherwise. That's literally the only excuse I can see. We also have an issue where this crap food (dollar menu's and whatnot) are far cheaper than solid healthy options. We are a species that still drift towards the path of least resistance
    Yeah, I think this is the real issue. Most anything good is hard to come by, but cheap and crap is everywhere, so why would it be any different in food? The prep time for "meals" is longer than something from a can or processed food from a plastic package. I have noticed when I actually take the time to make a decent meal, not only do I feel better, but I don't have to eat again for a while.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Eating reasonably healthy doesn't have to be time consuming or expensive. As an example only:

I bought one of those 18" skillets of decent quality. Non stick.

Steam a big ass bag of chopped kale in it (compress whole thing with the lid haha) + some baby clams for flavor, protiens + dem shellfish minerals.

Drain and place contents in a suitable sized food container.

Rinse skillet with water.

To empty skillet, add 2 pounds of 93% lean ground turkey + hot sauce and freeze dried garlic.

Combine bulk protein source and veggies, add some olive oil over it and eat with however much rice/carbs I think I will need to be somewhat full but keeping with goals. Depends on if it's a rest day or heavy training day coming up.

Finished in about 20 mins and lasts 2-3 days.

Anyone can find 20 mins every 2-3 days to food prep. About $20 bucks for 4-5 meals with minimal processed junk and good nutritional content.

You can mix and match your bulk protein source with whatever bulk veggies and whatever bulk carbs.

I usually put on some youtube blog and listen to that stuff when cooking and doing house stuff.

And depending on your goals, IMO it's also fine to get a burger or fried chicken every 3-4 days, as one meal.
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 03-05-17 at 11:53.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234