Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas block for Colt 6920 barrel

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Gas block for Colt 6920 barrel

He could but it for the reason you stated.

If he doesn't want to go through the extra time and expense to have something pinned, that's perfectly legitimate.

Not being able to change rails isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jstalford; 03-02-17 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure where I read the gas block needed to be .625. I have seen a wide range of gas block prices. Going adjustable is to advance for me right now. I have been around guns forever, but I am talking lever actions, break overs, bolt guns,etc. I am decently handy I suppose. I specifically bought a vise and buying other tools for this reason. That being said I intend to not send anything off. If it helps I am essentially looking at a Novekse NSR 12" or longer.

Thanks again for the replies.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Length won't make a difference if you're covering the gas block either way, just need to make sure the gas block you choose will fit under the rail you choose.

Also if you get a geissele smr it'll come with a gas block.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The correct answer is to buy a barrel with a factory pinned gas block and sell the 6920 barrel intact.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I have the barrel already stripped of everything or else i would have just chopped down the A2. I am going with a 15" Noveske NSR rail. It would appear Troy makes one that covers the holes, but not pinned. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/159...er-steel-matte it is a set screw as some recommended.

I am kind of shocked that someone doesn't make one.

is it safe to assume i will need to dimple my barrel still? im open to suggestions on jig or method to use without one.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    You have to put a block on anyway, why not just put the fsb back on and shave it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1s1k52 View Post
    I have the barrel already stripped of everything or else i would have just chopped down the A2. I am going with a 15" Noveske NSR rail. It would appear Troy makes one that covers the holes, but not pinned. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/159...er-steel-matte it is a set screw as some recommended.

I am kind of shocked that someone doesn't make one.

is it safe to assume i will need to dimple my barrel still? im open to suggestions on jig or method to use without one.
    It appears to me that the Troy can be pinned, which is why you see the flat on the side. But I would think it a bad idea to pin a gas block to a barrel that was previously pinned, because you'd run the risk of drilling where the previous holes are and making overly large hole. Just shave your gas block.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    According to the first post, 1s1k52 did not get the FSB with the barrel
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yep and I totally knew that, just spaced. Oops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12