Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.5in 9mm complete upper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

5.5in 9mm complete upper

Anyone have any experience with a 5.5" 9mm upper. I've tried to search for some complete uppers but it seems like there aren't many out there, is there a more popular barrel length for the 9mm sbr upper that I should be looking for?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I built a few 5.5" ar uppers. Pretty standard size if you are looking to run it suppressed. What questions do you have?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will be suppressed just looking of a quality upper that people would recommend, not looking to build one just want to buy it complete ready to go.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Orion is the only upper i know that is under 6". I am sure there are more but that's all I am aware of. PSA makes a 6" that's never in stock and CMMG makes a 8.5".

Feedback Score
    JSE Surplus often has a decent selection of short 9mm uppers, but maybe not that short. I've run one of their 7" versions for a couple years and haven't had any issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 5" barrel 9mm AR. I put it together myself - easy peasy. DPMS slick upper, ADCO barrel, Seekins 9" BAR rail, CMMG bcg. Super fun to shoot...especially with 147gr subsonic ammo.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a Factory built SBR that is a 5.5 SBR 9mm. It runs well on Brass and Alumiunum ammo. May steel case ammo does not run well in mine but it could just be my setup.

ffh.

Feedback Score
    I have a Quarter Circle 10 gun I put together but I think they might be starting to do complete uppers / lowers. They make Colt mag compatible as well as Glock complatible in 9mm, .40 S&W, and 45ACP. Can't recall if they have a 10mm.

I used a 5 inch Ballistic Advantage barrel and an SLR hand guard in my build. It uses 9mm Glock magazines and runs pretty well but didn't like one type of ammo I had. I think it was due to the rather heavy and a slightly unusual bullet shape. Usually it would choke on the first or second round if there was a problem. Still, was 95% reliable with that ammo.

I've heard Angstadt arms is pretty good as well but have no experience with their products.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel with a Omega 9K but plan on selling all my 9mm AR parts on EE in a few days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I built mine with a TROS 5" 3-lug barrel and a RRA 9mm flattop upper , KAC FF M4RAS &Colt bolt. Works great. The TROS barrel is kind of hard to come by. He makes them in sporadic batches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast