Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

new build - SLR sentry 7 adj GB issue

Went out to shoot a new build today.

11.5" mid Faxon
    Sentry 7 SLR Adj. gas block.

Loaded 1 round fired everything felt and sounded good. Even with a non-zeroed RDS it was on 2" off POA. Things are looking good.

Then I realized oh wait, it didn't eject. It then hits me that I have the AGB and just need to dial in a little more gas. I forgot my wrench. No prob says my friend he goes up to the house and gets some allen wrenches. My other friend ends with the wrenches and I said just turn it until you feel maybe two clicks and I can't remember which way to turn it but you feel it click. He figures it's probably CCW. So he turns it and says, I don't feel any clicking. So I try it and I don't feel any clicks now either. We turned it both ways and at one point for one round got a round to eject which was really just a tumble out. Best thing we really every got was the bolt going about half way back.

I distinctly remember when I installed it, it clicked. I mean the directions were very clear and I set it about where they said to put it. I absolutely remember the clicks. It absolutely will not click now. The screw just turns out.

It's under a BCM KMR-A and aside from the adjustment screw, all others are blocked except one of the mounting set screws. I --might-- with a really thin screw driver and some tweezers be able to get that leaf spring loose but that doesn't look easy by any means.

So two questions.
    1. Has anyone seen this happen and what the situation is going to be with the SLR S7?
    --- the only thing I can see on the GB is that the leaf spring is sitting proud of the side surface of the GB at the front ( opposite end of it's retaining screw ). I honestly can't recall if it was always that way or not. I don't know if this is some freak accident or what. Just basic 55G range ammo. I think it was PMC

2. To get that KMR off, I'm supposed to give it the heat gun treatment and try to patiently tap/pull it off?
    Last edited by tb-av; 03-02-17 at 20:56.