Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larger Magnums. Any love for them? Smith 500 and 454 Casull

Feedback Score

Well I got the Alaskan. 454 Casull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I've shot my dad's 500 s&w pc, and a friend's 460. Both big guns, but the 500 has a much greater recoil imo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I capped my limit at the S&W 44 Mags ... although I tended towards the classic or vintage models, like 4-screw, S-numbered, 6-1/2" barreled, pre-Model 29 versions. Once got an 'as new' one, low 1st year issue s/n in black presentation case (pre-dates their wood presentation boxes) with tools, that was so valuable that we had Roy Jenks, former S&W historian, appraise it (even though he was retired by then). That sale then funded a Roth IRA! If you can't - or shouldn't shoot it - I don't want it ...

Once had an old 7-1/2" barreled SS Virginian Dragoon that I should have kept. That would have been an ideal scoped hunting pistol, akin to the Ruger Super BlackHawks. In fact, I had 2 of them ... consecutive s/n's to boot.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score

Entire Revolver lineup.

4x and above lineup

454 Lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I feel 10mm and .44 is big enough for me...

But if I had to pick one, .460. Probably the better of the chamberings, since you can shoot .454 Casull and .45 Colt through it. I like versatility... especially when I have two firearms in .45 Colt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12