Thread: Not another rail thread...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Not another rail thread...

Alright fellas, I need a little help. I'd like to put a surefire x300u on my 1911, but I don't want to weld/screw a rail on, nor do I want to replace my camel bone grips with an ugly grip/rail combo. I was looking at the surefire mr07, but of course they are no longer produced, and I have not been able to find a used on online as of yet. I've also been looking at the ramlite magnetic rail, but they recently ceased production as well.

So, what are my options?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not the answer you're looking for, but honestly, I'd just stick the light on another pistol and shoot your 1911 during the day. Or, just carry a handheld light and shoot that with the 1911. I went down that road years ago before 1911 rail guns were common, and had a GG&G rail put on my 1911. I had to put mounting holes in the dust cover of course. Back then the dawson precision rail was the hotness, but that required holes. I eventually took it off. Later on I picked up a 1911 rail gun (kimber warrior). With the introduction of railed 1911s, there isn't a big market for what you're looking for, unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    Buy another 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfdez View Post
    Buy another 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As stated above. Might be financially tough to swallow but....

REASONS:

1. Most manufactures are now offerring rails.

2. Most makers are offerring leather for the above manufacturers and light combos.

3. Finding a quality holster for your rig would be difficult and a one off custom if the manufacturer had the Surefire light/mount.

4. In the day, a modified frame was socially acceptable and resellable. Today, that mod hurts resale value and is expensive to remove with no sign of the mod. Granted, the SF light you are speaking of is a user mod and is removeable. See 1-3

Feedback Score
    I am going through this now. I have an older Nighthawk with the narrow rail. Dawson does not make the adapter anymore. I talked to the rep and he said they have not made it in over 3 years.

I decided it just is not worth the trouble. I have a light on my SA Long Beach and on my G21.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The first, and best choice, would be a new railed 1911.
    Last edited by BBossman; 03-26-17 at 15:16.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    I saw what I think was a surefire maybe it was a streamlight that attached without a rail the other day. I can't remember where, but I know it wasn't a cheap Barska or chicom crap. It was a reputable manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk