Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State of the Art: AIWB Glock 19

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I personally own the Eidolon and the INCOG. I have the complete Eidolon kit for my Glock 19. I bought the 17 model though for the complete modularity. It's a very nice holster, and fits my 19 well. My only real knock on it, is it's incredibly slick and doesn't grip to my body when it's on. I constantly have to adjust it. My only gripe. Everything else about the holster is top notch. For sheer one holster fits all options, and modularity it really is in a class of it's own.

I got the INCOG on a sweet deal with a Surefire XC1 because I wanted to carry a light also, and I really love it. It's my favorite IWB holster I have at the moment and makes me actually want to carry. The "tactical fuzz" does a great job at gripping my undergarments. Draw is consistent even though mine has a single clip to draw off of, and I prefer a two clip holster.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my US Grunt Gear AIWB holster.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I personally own the Eidolon and the INCOG. I have the complete Eidolon kit for my Glock 19. I bought the 17 model though for the complete modularity. It's a very nice holster, and fits my 19 well. My only real knock on it, is it's incredibly slick and doesn't grip to my body when it's on. I constantly have to adjust it. My only gripe. Everything else about the holster is top notch. For sheer one holster fits all options, and modularity it really is in a class of it's own.

I got the INCOG on a sweet deal with a Surefire XC1 because I wanted to carry a light also, and I really love it. It's my favorite IWB holster I have at the moment and makes me actually want to carry. The "tactical fuzz" does a great job at gripping my undergarments. Draw is consistent even though mine has a single clip to draw off of, and I prefer a two clip holster.
    Do you run the wedge thingy hat comes with the eidolon? I find that helps keep the slick holster in place.

Otherwise, adhesive felt or the "fuz" stuff isn't that expensive on Amazon. I've used that for some holsters with great luck. Specifically the xfer. Small holster that holds a lot of weight (full size Glock with x300u. The felt really helped keep it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the many opinions and experiences.

It looks like my head was in the right place. I'll be ordering an Incog and an Eidolon, and we'll see how they go. One holster to rule them all, and inside the waistband carry them... as it were...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Do you run the wedge thingy hat comes with the eidolon? I find that helps keep the slick holster in place.

Otherwise, adhesive felt or the "fuz" stuff isn't that expensive on Amazon. I've used that for some holsters with great luck. Specifically the xfer. Small holster that holds a lot of weight (full size Glock with x300u. The felt really helped keep it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't yet. I'm still tweaking it to find the perfect sweet spot, so I will try out that wedge. As soon as I can get the funds together for my G17 RMR build, it will live in that holster.

Great to know on the tactical fuzz as well.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I really really hated the INCOG. I didn't like the Comp Tac 2 o'clock, I used a Phlster Skeleton v1 for a while, but it was just okay. The Raven Eidolon has been the best AIWB holster I've used so far.

I run it with the claw, no wedge. I'd get the cheaper version with the tall rabbit ears, and dremel off the outside ear once I got it. I own an older one that has the tall side inboard and short side outboard which is best for me as I only carry it on one side.

Yes, it looks bulky especially compared to the skeleton or vanguard 2(I HATED this "holster"), but under a loose shirt it conceals better than any other for me with the best comfort.

I was sitting down and heard my gun "unclick" from the VG2 (chamber loaded). It was NOT a fun experience. I've met 2 other people that had the same experience with it. Maybe it wasn't on correctly... doesn't matter to me WHY, only that I will only run something that covers the trigger guard with hard material now. And doesn't "snap in"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    All listed holsters in OP pale in comparison to vdevgroup's seraph which was just released. I've been wearing one for a while and it's pretty much the best on the market for aiwb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    All listed holsters in OP pale in comparison to vdevgroup's seraph which was just released. I've been wearing one for a while and it's pretty much the best on the market for aiwb.
    Rather than saying "it's pretty much the best on the market for aiwb," it would be beneficial to all if you could explain why it is better.

IMO, from the stance of a holster maker for the past decade, and someone who has too many useless holsters... That holster does nothing that the Eidolon does not do. I'm quite partial to the Eidolon, as I've been wearing a G17 Full Kit Eidolon since they came out years ago. I've carried both the original G17 full kit, which I still have, and a new G19 full kit made with the new material. I recently sold the G19 full kit, because I found the added length of the G17 holster created more leverage with the wedge attached, which helped tuck my Glocks better than the 19 size.

So, while you say that it is the best holster on the market, I disagree. The RCS Eidolon is arguably the best holster for Glock AIWB carry. Everything else is just an imitation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Voodoo, are you going to do a write up on this holster? Particularly interested in how it works with an RMR equipped Glock. For my body, I've found that holsters with the wing claw (Mastermind and DSG) tend to tuck the butt so well that the RMR begins to print horribly. Haven't tried taking a file to the claw yet. So far the Eidilon is the one that gives me absolute concealability. I would however like something that rode just a bit higher for grip access.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yep gana do a review soon. Just a few things which I want to be very certain about but having spent a good amount of time on many holsters listed in this thread and having somewhat of an expertise on the subject, the seraph aiwb is a step up by a little bit.

The short explanation is that for non rmr guns with iron sights, the holster must cover the sights. This is often times neglected but if you don't run a completely skeleton holster than it should cover/protect the rear sights. Other than that with the wedge it conceal a 19 or 17 extremely well, even with an rmr or other optic. Retention and draw are extremely consistent once you figure out what you like and it is highly modular without requiring lots of various attachments.

Edit to add disclosure: I receive the mentioned holster for free and have direct involvement in its development
    Last edited by Voodoo_Man; 04-07-17 at 13:38.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123