Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the Art: AIWB Glock 19

Feedback Score

State of the Art: AIWB Glock 19

Gentle sirs,

I'm looking at getting another AIWB holster for my Glock 19, and possibly one for my P229/228. Currently, I am looking at the following:

Raven Concealment Eidolon

G-Code Incog

G-Code Incog Eclipse (and/or the Eclipse 19; still haven't figured out what makes the Glock 19 variant specific and also more expensive?)

What am I missing on my hunt currently? I'm 6'1" and 205 lb. with a thicker, rugby athletic build. The old rig is a Bladetech, which has gone well enough, but my buddy's G-Code Incog has me drooling a bit; the attachment clips are nicer, and the holster generally holds the firearm in a more presentable/gripable/drawable manner.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How much have you played with the INCOG? I don't remember why, but I wasn't a fan. The Eidolon is the best AIWB holster there is, IMO. The only downside is that there isn't a light compatible model.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How much have you played with the INCOG? I don't remember why, but I wasn't a fan. The Eidolon is the best AIWB holster there is, IMO. The only downside is that there isn't a light compatible model.
    Unfortunately, very little. Most of the guys I work with aren't all that switched on (surprise!), and use garbage holsters. My bud's Incog is fit for his PPQ, and I haven't carried his firearm at all, and only mildly fingered (over the pants no no touches) the rig. From what little I did see, I liked the way that the grip was presented over the waistband and beltline better than the Bladetech that I am currently using. The Bladetech is a great holster, especially for the money, but not purpose-built for AIWB carry, and it shows this when I compare the ride height and adjust-ability to other options.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the Off the grid (OTG) ADR mki.

Low profile and simple.

No experience with the eidolon but it looks bulky?

Feedback Score
    I've run the Incog and the Eidolon, the Eidolon is perfection.

The only problem Ive found with it is that no one makes a great magazine pouch to run up front with it.

Currently working with the T-Rex Sidecar for the mag pouch. Not as good as the Eidolon but I'm testing some modifications to hopefully make it good enough.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Off the grid (OTG) ADR mki.

Low profile and simple.

No experience with the eidolon but it looks bulky?
    I use the Blade Tech Klipit Ambi. Similar to the Mki, small compact and simple.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/klipt-amb...l#.WLwviPnyuUk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been considering tier1 but have zero experience with them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    You might check out stealth gear as well. Quality built and comfortable.

Feedback Score
    Another good option would be JM Custom Kydex or Darkstar Gear.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've used the original Phlster Skeleton for a long time with no complaints. Picked up a RCS Eidolon about 6-months ago and that's all I use now. Phlster wins on price and simplicity, Eidolon better draw in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast