Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBRCi Glock Micro Comp

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

TBRCi Glock Micro Comp

Anyone running one?

How's it working out for you? How does it index?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got one; haven't had time to shoot it yet. It doesn't index; there are two set screws that keep it from rotating. You just index it by placing the slide on a flat surface and tightening the set screws, since the comp is the same width as the slide.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've got one on a gen 3 17. Haven't shot much more than 300 rounds through it.

For me it did seem to reduce muzzle rise a little bit. I mean, really, if you just get a proper grip and control the recoil I can do about the same with my gen 4 19. But the micro comp kind makes it feel like you can 'relax' a little and it will still be tame.
    On mine I was having failures to cycle all the way with 115gr ammo. Even on a reduced 13lb spring. I went and bought an 11lb spring and now it runs well. Just not sure how I feel about it. If i end up getting a bunch of NATO 9mm I'd feel like putting a different spring back in.
    Almost seems like more hassle than it's worth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've ran about 5-600 rounds of NATO 124gr. through in a G4 19 w/ an rmr (OEM RSA). Seems to tame, er, "flatten" things out a bit as stated above. Maybe its snake oil or a placebo but I feel like I have an easier time tracking the dot with it. I do, however, like the fact that my x300u does not get fouled up anymore. To me that's almost enough of a pro.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have the SiCo Octane 9

Great comp. really reduces muzzle climb.

Drops panties too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin8nin View Post
    I've got one on a gen 3 17. Haven't shot much more than 300 rounds through it.

For me it did seem to reduce muzzle rise a little bit. I mean, really, if you just get a proper grip and control the recoil I can do about the same with my gen 4 19. But the micro comp kind makes it feel like you can 'relax' a little and it will still be tame.
    On mine I was having failures to cycle all the way with 115gr ammo. Even on a reduced 13lb spring. I went and bought an 11lb spring and now it runs well. Just not sure how I feel about it. If i end up getting a bunch of NATO 9mm I'd feel like putting a different spring back in.
    Almost seems like more hassle than it's worth.
    Interesting that the comp was causing issues. I have the KKM one on my Gun 3 19 and it doesn't seem to care what recoil spring I'm using (factory or 13# is all I have available). For ammunition all that I have tested is the issued 124gr stuff and 147gr Federal HST. I won't have the opportunity to test the 115gr stuff until I get home from this deployment.

With the 124 and 147gr ammo I can tell a huge difference in the amount of muzzle rise and the time that it takes me to get the sights back on target. I will take out a stock 19 in the next few days and try and get some split time differences as well as slow motion video to see if it is more than just a placebo effect.

Rick

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Ricky Ross Like a Boss,

I'd be very interested in seeing the metrics on the comparison.

Euro, my SiCo is in ATF jail so screw you buddy.

Fellas, how hard it is it don and doff the comps? Is it pretty much a semi-permanent setup?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Fellas, how hard it is it don and doff the comps? Is it pretty much a semi-permanent setup?
    loosen the two set screws, unscrew comp. i'd liken it to changing out a flash hider on an AR.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Interesting that the comp was causing issues. I have the KKM one on my Gun 3 19 and it doesn't seem to care what recoil spring I'm using (factory or 13# is all I have available). For ammunition all that I have tested is the issued 124gr stuff and 147gr Federal HST. I won't have the opportunity to test the 115gr stuff until I get home from this deployment.

With the 124 and 147gr ammo I can tell a huge difference in the amount of muzzle rise and the time that it takes me to get the sights back on target. I will take out a stock 19 in the next few days and try and get some split time differences as well as slow motion video to see if it is more than just a placebo effect.

Rick
    Yeah, I think it's just the weaker 115gr plinker ammo (in this case American Eagle FMJ). It wouldn't bother me so much considering if I ever 'need' the gun it'll be stoked full of Hornady or Winchester Ranger or something I know will cycle it hard, BUT when my bone stock 19 gen4 is sitting next to it gobbling up cheap ammo it makes me uncomfortable.

Like I said, if I get a big lot of good pressure 124gr stuff I may just put the stock spring back in it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    loosen the two set screws, unscrew comp. i'd liken it to changing out a flash hider on an AR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast