Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have your electronic scale on same bench as press?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Ha!... yeah... No kidding.

I've seen a few guys over the years who set up the monitor on Accurateshooter.
    That was where I got the idea - reloading bench photo threads. I've spent the last year reading every thread I can find about bench setups, and asking a lot of questions.

Thanks for the tip about the powder drain, I will keep an eye on that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thanks for the tip about the powder drain, I will keep an eye on that.
    I laughed at it when I first read it.... then I did it. I'm a frigging cheap mofo on components. I'll move a mountain to get a mashed cartridge that I can pull the bullet from. So dumping powder is completely ridiculous.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For what its worth, my own experience with the Chargemaster has been positive. One thing I did that negates the whole press movement thing is to mount a level shelf on the wall and put the Chargemaster on the shelf. Nothing (short of an earthquake or the termites having a dance party) will bump the wall to cause it to upset the level of the machine, and I can run my press at the same time the Chargemaster is throwing, since there is no motion dependency, and my bench is not mounted to or touching the wall. Some thin aluminum strips screwed to the shelf that outline the feet of the Chargemaster keep it from moving when it is used.

I have done the "straw" trick for years, but just bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCBS-Chargem...e/192113184984. So far, it works better than the straw, but I have am only about 2000 loads deep into it.

I have also installed a choke ring on the cord for RFI noise supression and have the power cord plugged into a good power conditioning outlet strip, and found that a vinyl tubing cap works well to prevent the powder drain from dumping if it turns. The Amazon link provided is as near as I can find to the one I am using (the Chargemaster powder drain is around 1.4" diameter so Home Depot could be a source for caps), which came as part of the packaging for a masonry drill bit that I bought for a patio project.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like others have said, visit your local McDonals.

Let it warm up, or better yet, leave it on always

Calibrate often

Second bench is good

Calibrate often

Don't lose the paintbrush that comes with it, it is weird buying little brushes at Walmart at 2am...

Calibrate often

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For those of you stating to recalibrate often.... what is often? 10 rounds, 20, 50, 250?

Figure as long as I let it warm up and it returns to zero between throws I should be good for at least 50rds?

I did recalibrate every 10rd and then ran the last 30rd without calibration.

Had about 12 over throws in the lot of 50.
    270 Win IMR 4350 with 50.7grains topping it with 150gr hornady SP.

Worst over throws were 51.0 and most were 50.8 or 50.9. This was bone stock with no super straw tricks or re-programming. I see how the stick power builds up and causes the over throw.

I wanted to test the static cling when I drained it, the powder was stuck to the sides of the powder reservoir. Took a bounce sheet and everywhere I touched the outside of the reservoir, it simply fell off the inside like magic.

I really like the scale, just slow as can be. 53 seconds from time I hit DISP to the time I returned the tray. May have to look at how to reprogram it.

I am used to dropping 50 charges in a matter of 5 minutes with a standard measure and checking every 5th charge.

Time will tell, but so far I am pleased with it.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 03-26-17 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have my chargemaster on the same bench as my press and my stainless tumbler.

What do I do about that? I don't throw power while doing anything with either device lol.

I keep mine all the time and recalibrate before every use or when I change powder. I load in 50 round increments and do not recalibrate in the middle.

Shot this today at 100 with my 6.5 creed. There is 6 shots in there but I pulled one under the dime. I covered it up to make me look better lmao.

I'm also using Hornady brass that hasn't been fully prepped. All I do is tumble with stainless and trim.

Shot over 30 rounds with the magneeto speed on and my SD was 8. Not too bad for a chargemaster and none prepped brass. Still need to adjust my seating a little I'm being told but this seems to work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123