Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
TL;DR- only drop if you NEED to, and only as much as needed. Run a single leg strap to keep it tight. Go Safariland. Boo SERPA.
This.

Safariland or G-Code both offer good mounting solutions at varying ride lengths. I use a mid-ride or low-ride, mostly because of the ape-index that my frame has (my wingspan is larger than my height by a fair amount, ie I am long armed), and so a deeper holster mount better suits the ergonomics of my body. It just so happens that the same depth allows me to easily clear a plate carrier during the drawstroke, even with some junk mounted on the strong hand cummerbund (which I typically keep slick / low-pro for this very reason).

I'd say run the highest holster mount that you can manage with your body's limb length / kinesthetics without the firearm jamming up on plates / gear, all while trying to keep your strong-side (well, both sides, really) as slicked down as possible.

I don't like straps, but if you have to strap, run it like a TQ: high, and tight. Get it right up on that grundle.