Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb gas block question

Feedback Score
    Ok so I'm pretty much sol with that barrel and reverting back if i wanted, just on the fence if I wanna give up the m4 look, gonna be putting an omega x rail on it and it's a carbine gs, to bad I didn't get an omega fsp, also have a lite rail I plan to put on a bcm bfh in the future so wasn't sure how I'd like them being so similar when all set and done, would you guys even bother free floating a 16' spikes carbine length m4 style upper?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    No. I wouldn't even own one!

Feedback Score
    It's up to you. If it was a Spikes FN 4150 CMV HPT MPI variety, and I had the parts on hand to float it, I probably would.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    It's up to you. If it was a Spikes FN 4150 CMV HPT MPI variety, and I had the parts on hand to float it, I probably would.
    I don't think It's an fn I'll have to double check, think it's just hpt mpi cl m4 profile

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstang77 View Post
    Ok so I'm pretty much sol with that barrel and reverting back if i wanted, just on the fence if I wanna give up the m4 look, gonna be putting an omega x rail on it and it's a carbine gs, to bad I didn't get an omega fsp, also have a lite rail I plan to put on a bcm bfh in the future so wasn't sure how I'd like them being so similar when all set and done, would you guys even bother free floating a 16' spikes carbine length m4 style upper?
    Actually - you can go back. It's only a problem if the pin-bores are damaged or the barrel is deformed. But in all likelihood you won't want to.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Actually - you can go back. It's only a problem if the pin-bores are damaged or the barrel is deformed. But in all likelihood you won't want to.
    Won't running the set screws into the notches ruin them in general? Not sure if a clamp on will fit inside an omega

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you are set on your quest, it shouldn't be an issue if done competently. This is a Colt 16" 6920 barrel I got from a member here several years back. As you can see, I dimpled it in the other set screw location as opposed to directly under the port. Since I knew the jig was legit and checked everything I knew it was a non-issue.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    If you are set on your quest, it shouldn't be an issue if done competently. This is a Colt 16" 6920 barrel I got from a member here several years back. As you can see, I dimpled it in the other set screw location as opposed to directly under the port. Since I knew the jig was legit and checked everything I knew it was a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstang77 View Post
    Won't running the set screws into the notches ruin them in general? Not sure if a clamp on will fit inside an omega
    There's your answer above.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Ok I think that's what I'll try, I don't have a jig but I imagine I could just double check everything and it doesn't look like Just running the rear screw down without dimpling it will hurt anything, awesome, thanks a bunch guys.

Feedback Score
    Using the dimples is great but not necessary, if it is not a duty or combat weapon I wouldn't worry about it. If you are concerned you can always take it to a gunsmith to dimple it for you, or if you have a good drill press and vice do it yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast