Bolt:
    PSA Premium
    Lower:
    PSA
    Trigger
    Geiselle SSA E
    Stock:
    A-1 removed from Colt SP-1

I have yet to get this rifle to the range yet, have the ammo and the time now so I will soon have a report and pictures of the groups + load data.

My concept for the rifle is fixed stock rifle for range and hunting use. My wife likes the A-1 stock over the carbine ones and this will be her main deer rifle. The 20" barrel will give her more velocity than the 16" or 18" tubes. I used to shy away from this barrel length for deer hunting as the traditional cup/core bullets started to give me rapid expansion and shallow penetration. With the new bonded 62-64 gr bullets that problem no longer raises its ugly head.

The 2X7 Khales fits the rifle well and the glass is very clear. I have tried many scopes on AR-15's over the years and the 2X7 adjustables seem to fill my needs best with a 5.56 Rifle. The Khales is a take off from my Kreighoff Drilling and needed a home, it is expensive for the rifle but it is better on the AR-15 than in the bottom of the gun safe. Plus I do not want the wife to blame the scope if she misses! Probably blame my reloading skills any way.

The ALG MLOCK rail is great!, I have it on all 3 of my rifles and love the ability to go light or add some options if needed.

On the BCM BLEM, I had to use the heat gun to get the barrel to slip into the upper, not difficult but just an added step you will need to do if you buy one of these at the BCM Site.

Feedback Score
    no bipod mount? but nice looking toy the a1 stock gives it the classy feel because of its shimmer. I want to know how well that glass works out for you.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I was after minimal weight, and will add items as I find a need for them. Right now I dont use the rifle in such a way as to need the bipod, I do have the mount available and can install it on the MLOCK system when required.

For distance shooting in the field, we have been using the BOG Pods with a rail attachment. From a ground blind it is like a bench rest.

Here is a picture of a BOG POD and Rail with a Rem 7400. From a Ground Stand you can make very precise shots.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice and clean looking. Did you assemble it in the kitchen? Or just take the pictures there? LOL

Feedback Score
    NO kitchen build, wife Unit Protested, so I went to the man cave and put it together. The lights under the counter do give good lighting for the camera though

I was out of the AR-15 business for many years and when I wanted new rifles (all mine hailed from 1976 and were SP-1's) I could not believe all the options and the added weight!

So once I found ALG rails and the Faxon Gunner Barrels I knew what I wanted. Minimal add ons and minimal weight but with the option to add stuff that I find I need.

God willing and the rain stops I will be shooting some groups with all 3 rifles tomorrow.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hamour View Post
    NO kitchen build, wife Unit Protested, so I went to the man cave and put it together. The lights under the counter do give good lighting for the camera though

I was out of the AR-15 business for many years and when I wanted new rifles (all mine hailed from 1976 and were SP-1's) I could not believe all the options and the added weight!

So once I found ALG rails and the Faxon Gunner Barrels I knew what I wanted. Minimal add ons and minimal weight but with the option to add stuff that I find I need.

God willing and the rain stops I will be shooting some groups with all 3 rifles tomorrow.
    Honored to be selected. Thank you and great looking rifles!