Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlocksInMySocks View Post
    20 second time out.... is that a 14.5 SR25?
    Hmmm good question.
    Looks to be a 7 slot mlok rail and more barrel protruding from the rail compared to a 16” ACC. Could be a 13” URX and 14.5” barrel.
    If so I have a whole new level of want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Hmmm good question.
    Looks to be a 7 slot mlok rail and more barrel protruding from the rail compared to a 16” ACC. Could be a 13” URX and 14.5” barrel.
    If so I have a whole new level of want.
    That's exactly what I noticed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlocksInMySocks View Post
    20 second time out.... is that a 14.5 SR25?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So is that a new rifle that we will be seeing? Perhaps in the next few weeks? Any details that can be divulged?
    Last edited by GlocksInMySocks; 01-03-18 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    ^^^ It is safe to say I am now holding off on building a pinned 14.5” MWS upper.
    14.5” ACC is perfecto

Feedback Score
    I have been watching this thread for a while now and can't get over how sexy Jwknutson's APC is... So my question is: Do I sell the EC that I recently acquired and get the APC and then slap on the new KAC PRS suppressor? The EC has the all the goodies as it was the later model - sand cutter carrier, e2 bolt, dual ejector, ambi lower... etc. etc. My test target is .67 lol so accuracy is going to be hard to beat. It would really be going lighter 10.2lbs vs 9.0lbs and the newer rail system. Just looking for some feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txgunner View Post
    I have been watching this thread for a while now and can't get over how sexy Jwknutson's APC is... So my question is: Do I sell the EC that I recently acquired and get the APC and then slap on the new KAC PRS suppressor? The EC has the all the goodies as it was the later model - sand cutter carrier, e2 bolt, dual ejector, ambi lower... etc. etc. My test target is .67 lol so accuracy is going to be hard to beat. It would really be going lighter 10.2lbs vs 9.0lbs and the newer rail system. Just looking for some feedback from you guys. Thanks!
    What do you want to do with the rifle?
    In my opinion the main points to consider one way or another are weight and the chrome lined barrel.

Feedback Score
    What do you want to do with the rifle?
    In my opinion the main points to consider one way or another are weight and the chrome lined barrel.
    I want a precision setup but also want to be able to lug it around and hunt with it. I've only shot the EC on a bench with bipod. Starting at 10.2lbs once you add optics, bipod and suppressor - you're looking at a hefty girl. The APC has a stainless barrel and ACC chrome lined. The acc is also lightest of the bunch we are discussing. EC: 10.2lbs APC: 9.0lbs ACC: 8.4lbs.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txgunner View Post
    I want a precision setup but also want to be able to lug it around and hunt with it. I've only shot the EC on a bench with bipod. Starting at 10.2lbs once you add optics, bipod and suppressor - you're looking at a hefty girl. The APC has a stainless barrel and ACC chrome lined. The acc is also lightest of the bunch we are discussing. EC: 10.2lbs APC: 9.0lbs ACC: 8.4lbs.
    In that case, my next question would be “what is your expected rate of fire while shooting precision”?

If you’re looking at slow rate of fire you may be able to get away with the ACC and be in great shape for hunting. Plenty of guys are getting great accuracy from the ACC with minor stringing as the barrel heats up.

I personally I chose the APC for the intent of a suppressed precision rig. I wanted the heavier barrel for the additional rigidity with suppressor.

My APC weighs in at 8lbs 4oz on my digital postal scale (no optics, no magazine).

Feedback Score
    In that case, my next question would be “what is your expected rate of fire while shooting precision”?

If you’re looking at slow rate of fire you may be able to get away with the ACC and be in great shape for hunting. Plenty of guys are getting great accuracy from the ACC with minor stringing as the barrel heats up.

I personally I chose the APC for the intent of a suppressed precision rig. I wanted the heavier barrel for the additional rigidity with suppressor.

My APC weighs in at 8lbs 4oz on my digital postal scale (no optics, no magazine).
    If the APC is weighing in at 8.4lbs I think I would certainly go with that. That 2lbs weight savings over the EC and I would be giving up what .1-.3 MOA? Seems like a good trade off to me. I plan on getting the new PRS suppressor they just debuted at shot.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast