Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice rifle! I was contemplating running a Aimpoint M4s on the ACC, instead of the CQBSS, but also wanted that little extra top end, and went the LPV route.

I haven't had a chance to run mine on steel but sounds like a good time if you ask me.

Do you plan on running a light on the rifle? Or for your needs, no. Just curious as the response I received a while back in another thread was that no one really used them for a thump in the night gun, and more of a fun/because I can own one answer. Soon as I got my ACC the light went on. I personally like to have some illumination.
    I'm planning on picking up an mk6 1-6 pretty soon just waiting for a good deal on a used cmr-w reticle version to pop up.I'm in no real hurry so ill let someone else take that initial money loss on it lol. I'm planning on throwing a light on it just haven't got around to picking what I want and ordering it yet.Its just a fun gun for me and will only really be used for hog hunting at dusk and ringing some steel on the weekends.I have neighbors so I definitely don't want to be slinging 308 rounds in different directions in the middle of the night.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    I'm planning on picking up an mk6 1-6 pretty soon just waiting for a good deal on a used cmr-w reticle version to pop up.I'm in no real hurry so ill let someone else take that initial money loss on it lol. I'm planning on throwing a light on it just haven't got around to picking what I want and ordering it yet.Its just a fun gun for me and will only really be used for hog hunting at dusk and ringing some steel on the weekends.I have neighbors so I definitely don't want to be slinging 308 rounds in different directions in the middle of the night.
    That MK6 is an awesome optic. I know many swear by it on the ACC. Have one on my 12.5 and the 1x is very clear and one of my favorites. I had a very hard time not throwing one on the ACC. Those hogs are going to have some issues. That's for sure. I hear ya on the not using it as a HD rifle. I don't keep mine under the bed either. That would be one loud party without a suppressor anyway.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-08-17 at 06:48.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So I had a m600u for it. I wanted that extra light originally. I run all my light setups typically on the 130 rail. With the offset sights, this was a no go. Forced to run it it on the other side. My grip, positioned is in the same location on all my AR variants would have had to change locations with the light on the 1030 with m600. My hand would be pretty close/right at the cable plug on the SR switch. So in short, if I wasn't running offsets and the light was on the other side, it would have the m600u on it. I could pull my hand back another inch and half but I am 6'1" with a 6'4" wing span. So I'm pretty set on my hand location as it's the same on my other rifles. Just like the exact same butt stock position on every rifle I guess. The m300c is pretty dang bright for what it is. Not sure if I "need" the 600u.

This just came to me. Thanks WS6... I may toss the 600u on the APC as now that I have the ACC. I will run the QDC can on the APC most of the time and will have plenty of room moving the light head forward of the rail.
    If you ran a clicky instead of the tape, would there be room (trying to gauge things for myself)?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So I had a m600u for it. I wanted that extra light originally. I run all my light setups typically on the 130 rail. With the offset sights, this was a no go. Forced to run it it on the other side. My grip, positioned is in the same location on all my AR variants would have had to change locations with the light on the 1030 with m600. My hand would be pretty close/right at the cable plug on the SR switch. So in short, if I wasn't running offsets and the light was on the other side, it would have the m600u on it. I could pull my hand back another inch and half but I am 6'1" with a 6'4" wing span. So I'm pretty set on my hand location as it's the same on my other rifles. Just like the exact same butt stock position on every rifle I guess. The m300c is pretty dang bright for what it is. Not sure if I "need" the 600u.

This just came to me. Thanks WS6... I may toss the 600u on the APC as now that I have the ACC. I will run the QDC can on the APC most of the time and will have plenty of room moving the light head forward of the rail.
    How about running the offset BUIS farther back on the rail, thus permitting room to run a scout at the 130 still? Or even the inline mlok front BUIS? Sure you lose a little in sight radius but their BUIS to start with.

I don't have an ACC or I'd experiment

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    How about running the offset BUIS farther back on the rail, thus permitting room to run a scout at the 130 still? Or even the inline mlok front BUIS? Sure you lose a little in sight radius but their BUIS to start with.

I don't have an ACC or I'd experiment

This is a viable option too, but I do prefer the longer sight radius. I am happy with the M300c performance as it plenty bright at 100 yards. So I guess I would be changing everything to fix a problem I don't really even have. Saves a little weight on the front of the rifle also over the ultra. I also prefer the light color of the m300c. Much more white then the M600u.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    If you ran a clicky instead of the tape, would there be room (trying to gauge things for myself)?
    Roughly the same. As you still need a little room to move your thumb over to click it. I'll swap the cap on later to get a better idea.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This is a viable option too, but I do prefer the longer sight radius. I am happy with the M300c performance as it plenty bright at 100 yards. So I guess I would be changing everything to fix a problem I don't really even have. Saves a little weight on the front of the rifle also over the ultra. I also prefer the light color of the m300c. Much more white then the M600u.
    My m600 is much whiter than my m300c. Both of each sample. I have 2 of each. Surefire has some tint variance for sure it seems. The reason I went m600u is a vtac night fighter course. After shooting it with an x300u, and watching guys with m300s shoot it, I definitely want more light than less. There is a roughly 1oz difference per my kitchen scale.

That said, to each their own. I just wanted to present another aspect.

I may end up with an m300c going in my SR after all though. I'll have to wait until she arrives to gauge things.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great looking KAC guns in these pictures!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    My m600 is much whiter than my m300c. Both of each sample. I have 2 of each. Surefire has some tint variance for sure it seems. The reason I went m600u is a vtac night fighter course. After shooting it with an x300u, and watching guys with m300s shoot it, I definitely want more light than less. There is a roughly 1oz difference per my kitchen scale.

That said, to each their own. I just wanted to present another aspect.

I may end up with an m300c going in my SR after all though. I'll have to wait until she arrives to gauge things.
    Maybe I need to send it back then.. without getting to far off the thread, Just looked/compared it to my FDE M600U and that is white as can be. Sent you a PM, so we don't get too caught up in lights here, but I will revisit the M600U on this rifle.

Going out to shoot again Friday with both rifles and going to try to stretch is out a little bit on the 600yd range. Another case of FGMM hit the door yesterday so well see what happens.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-08-17 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I had a question for those who run Gen2 pmags in their SR25s. Does anyone have any that drop free? Loaded, and or, empty? All 10 of mine do not. Picked up a few Gen3s and those do work, along with the factory KAC mags. Just curious more then anything. I don't "need" them to, but curious if others experience the same?

I also am curious about running the H3 buffer on both of the ACC and APC continuously, suppressed and not, in colder temp ranges. I have had good results in decent weather 35-80 degrees, but here in CO, I am curious if I will see any failures running the H3 in say 0 degree weather without a suppressor. Maybe Jack or one of the Magpul guys can chime in regarding this with heavy test samples, if no one else has run there's in below freezing temp. With quality ammo of course.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-08-17 at 20:33.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast