Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
    Mission accomplished!

I picked up the last piece of the build from my dealer this morning.

WOOOOW

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Has anyone gone from the 16' to the 14.5' CC? Just trying to get some fidelity on performance, handling, ergonomics, etc... really trying to determine if the juice is worth the squeeze. The 16' balances very nicely with the NF 1-8x ATACR, and I like the added rail real-estate that offers a good purchase on the fore-end. Everything feels perfect and well-balanced, and I don't really want to mess with perfection, but not sure if I might be missing out on some of the 14.5' CC benefits if there are any. I imagine felt recoil and a slight increase in velocity out of the 16' makes it a hard sell for anyone curious about swapping over to the 14.5'. Any thoughts, opinions, feedback would be appreciated.

ETA: post triple deuce
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I have a pair of 14.5" uppers that I just started some testing on in the past few weeks. I just need more time to get a better opinion on them. Nothing disappointing so far, but I'm only around 400 rounds in total, no function issues without a can or with either sized 7.62 QDC can. After the bores burnish in more, I'll do some different ladder tests from a bench rest with a fixed 32X scope and see what I can get it to do.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Snip

I had an 16” APC that was shooting right around 1moa with larger count groups, could get smaller if shooting 3 shot groups. It was really handy with the ATACR on top. As soon as I found out about the 14.5 CC I knew I needed it despite having the APC. I’d guess some would see the two rifles being different enough to keep both but I’ve become a minimalist with things these days.

Once the 14.5 showed up I sold off the APC upper without even having shot the CC. Size and weight wise it just fits what I want out of a short 7.62 AR. I find the rail length to be long enough to do all I want and the weight and balance of the gun is terrific. Before adding an optic my rifle weighs in at 8.8lbs.

Looking forward to work slowing down a bit to get out and shoot.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I have a pair of 14.5" uppers that I just started some testing on in the past few weeks. I just need more time to get a better opinion on them. Nothing disappointing so far, but I'm only around 400 rounds in total, no function issues without a can or with either sized 7.62 QDC can. After the bores burnish in more, I'll do some different ladder tests from a bench rest with a fixed 32X scope and see what I can get it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post

I had an 16” APC that was shooting right around 1moa with larger count groups, could get smaller if shooting 3 shot groups. It was really handy with the ATACR on top. As soon as I found out about the 14.5 CC I knew I needed it despite having the APC. I’d guess some would see the two rifles being different enough to keep both but I’ve become a minimalist with things these days.

Once the 14.5 showed up I sold off the APC upper without even having shot the CC. Size and weight wise it just fits what I want out of a short 7.62 AR. I find the rail length to be long enough to do all I want and the weight and balance of the gun is terrific. Before adding an optic my rifle weighs in at 8.8lbs.

Looking forward to work slowing down a bit to get out and shoot.
    Good copy. Would love to get more feedback once you've both had more trigger behind it. I might end up just picking up the 14.5" CC just to run it as a dedicated DSR and keep the 16" to run in comps. Nevertheless, looking forward to your more comprehensive reviews. Thanks, guys.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is my new to me ACC 16”. In this pic it’s wearing a NF 2.5-10X24 with an offset Aimpoint. I used it last weekend to take 2 hogs in Colorado. Hornady 178 ELD-X dropped them DRT. I couldn’t be happier with this set up. It allows me to go from CQB out to 800yds on point targets. Excellent all around. Now I see what all the KAC fuss is about. YES.... there is a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 09-11-18 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    ATACR and ACC FTW!!!

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

Sweet rig buddy. Let's get out to shoot that soon.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Sweet rig buddy. Let's get out to shoot that soon.
    Definitely. I'm anxious to get behind that Theta glass.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast