Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    I would keep the ECC factory as it is a modern art masterpiece.

You could pick up an ACC upper, I see them quite a bit now.

Do you have the long or short diving board on the URX3.1?
    Long. It does okay

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What's the best groups you guys are getting from your SR-25s? Ammo? Set up? etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    What's the best groups you guys are getting from your SR-25s? Ammo? Set up? etc.
    Like anything, it depends on ammo.

Overall I reliably get 1 to 1.5 MOA. With super good ammo it shrinks. Lately I just run an EOtech for hogging.

It’s favorite is 168 FGMM for mine. It’s held back by being a .308 but it’s a good rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Long. It does okay
    If you end up selling the rail, let me know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'm super happy with the MK5HD 3.6-18x CCH. Just wish Leupold would offer an illuminated version of this reticle as i prefer it over the Tremor 3. The NF 1-8x is a very capable optic, but I experienced some of its limitations when I ran it in a class earlier this year. We were shooting in less than idea weather conditions with some significant rainfall and the glass wasn't as protected from the elements as it could've been, which had a negative impact on being able to clearly ID targets under harsh conditions (I suppose this can be said about most LPVOs out there). Although it is very capable of 800 yard engagements, I found myself wishing I had an additional 2x or more on the top end. The MK5HD is relatively lightweight, compact and you can throw on a sunshade for added protection against the elements, which IMHO is critical if you plan to use this as your primary for real world applications. YMMV
    Thats definitely an option, the next time I am back in the states, I want to head up into the mountains for a couple days and really get a feel for it. I'll try to spend the first day running the 1-8 and the next with my Mk6 3-18 and then make a decision.

My initial thoughts are that that if we are going to be looking at a 25oz optic, a 3-18/w Offset RMR, offers more capability than a 1-8.

Feedback Score
    Happy Thanksgiving all stay warm !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Still interested in seeing best groups at 100 yards from the KAC .308 rifle. Please post some pics. The best groups I've ever had out of a .308 rifle is .37 MOA using PRIME ammo in a LMT MWS with a 20" stainless steel barrel and Geissele SSA trigger. Bench rested with Harris bipod and rear bean bag. The day I shot the group wind was not a factor.

Thanks, I'm weighing my options on .308 semi-auto rifles.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 11-30-19 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still interested in seeing best groups at 100 yards from the KAC .308 rifle. Please post some pics. The best groups I've ever had out of a .308 rifle is .37 MOA using PRIME ammo in a LMT MWS with a 20" stainless steel barrel and Geissele SSA trigger. Bench rested with Harris bipod and rear bean bag. The day I shot the group wind was not a factor.

Accuracy is going to be fairly close on average with some guns shooting a little better or worse.

Just like with everything, it all depends on what you want to do with the rifle. If pure accuracy is your priority, then at this point then the LMT is the easy choice since its available in 6.5cm. Even if the KAC was more mechanically accurate, that is somewhat lost on it only being available in 308 as it is just significantly more effected by drop and wind than 6.5cm.

Now Kac has been working on their 6.5cm for a while, and it looks pretty awesome, but considering the most recent Socom contract, I really don't see these being available for at least a couple years.They say soon, but I am just not seeing it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah just get an LMT. They are way more streamlined.

For the normie population, SR-25s are too niche. I love mine and it’s quite accurate and more nimble than an LMT but it’s also more spendy. Like skipping lunch and doing.....things...spendy.

I wish the monorail was longer but can also see why it’s not. 90% of what you want done can be accomplished with an LMT. That said I have never regretted my SR-25s. I do feel that for the overall package, it’s worth it. And is insanely hard to replicate with lesser 308 brands.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

I can post impressive groups achieved with the MWS, but my work travel schedule and the fact that my ACC has been out of my hands and has undergone changes, has precluded me from getting back out to print groups for comparison. Last group I observed wasn't recorded because it was done during a two-day course earlier this year, but it was shooting sub-MOA. I'm hoping to have a chance to get out within the next couple days to my local 100 yard indoor range. Can't promise anything since its something I didn't initially plan to do, but this will provide a good excuse to justify some range time.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast