Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T-1 POI shift?? (Green Eye Tactical Bans T1 RDS)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Eye Tactical View Post
    Gents, I just got notified this was up here. I'll have to apologize but I won't be active in the thread. I have made very detailed replies over on AR15, and to be quite honest after reading this thread I am not interested in replying to insults on more than one site. So this will be my only post here on this topic. Feel free to join in there, or wait for the results. They look very good so far....

Oh, and as an aside- I’ve got some LE and Mil units testing their optics this next week, so I’m opening submissions to anyone that can pull some friends and test their optics.

All properly filled out submissions will be included in a separate report section and compared against the original test and against each other. So, if you disagree- post your results.

All forms and instructions can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obpot49wn...XjxXthzba?dl=0
    Eric- Thanks for stopping in to comment. I'll be downloading those docs and hitting the range with my T1.

I encourage the balance of M4C with T1s to do the same. It's easy to post wit and snark, but much more effort to gather data and contribute to the knowledge base.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Eric- Thanks for stopping in to comment. I'll be downloading those docs and hitting the range with my T1.

I encourage the balance of M4C with T1s to do the same. It's easy to post wit and snark, but much more effort to gather data and contribute to the knowledge base.
    I'm away from the computer and saw this on my phones email. Thanks for encouraging the effort.

One thing I would like to ask- if at all possible have more than one person test the same optic. 6 people testing one optic is better than 1 person testing 6 optics. Although anything is helpful. The data getting from multiple observers on the same optic and then the same model in general is producing some VERY interesting statistics with regard to the standard deviation of multiple observers on one optic type compared to the standard deviation of multiple observers on another optic model. The comparisons are forming some very clear trends that some may find intriguing.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Would there be any theoretical difference between an optic with a small objective, like the T-1 or RMR, and a larger one line the MRO or CompM4? I'm going to do a test shoot next weekend with a T-1 and CompM4, how are we reporting the data?
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 03-19-17 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Would there be any theoretical difference between an optic with a small objective, like the T-1 or RMR, and a larger one line the MRO or CompM4? I'm going to do a test shoot next weekend with a T-1 and CompM4, how are we reporting the data? Anyone have a link to the thread on TOS?
    Links removed
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 03-19-17 at 18:05.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I don't believe it is proper etiquette here to post links to TOS.....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I don't believe it is proper etiquette here to post links to TOS.....
    Didn't know that. Fixed.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Didn't know that. Fixed.
    The only link you need, if you want to submit your data for the report, is right now here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obpot49wn...XjxXthzba?dl=0

The folder has an instruction sheet (including how to submit them), and example test sheet, a printable calibration target (credit goes to CarnikCon for that), and all the forms needed.

After some accusations of doing this for website/social media traffic, I have stated that the results will be first posted on TOS (I guess mentioning the name is taboo here). It will be clean of any links to my website or social media (except for recordings of optics on my youtube). I will not be posting any notifications of the completed test not will I be posting the test to my website or social media for 48hrs. At the conclusion of that period- if anyone wants a copy/paste of the forum format on a word doc to post here in a clean thread, I'll do that.
    Eric
    Owner/Instructor
    Green Eye Tactical
    Www.greeneyetactical.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only parallax free optic is irons. If you're banning T1s, better ban the whole line-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Didn't Dave_M already cover this shit last year?

Feedback Score
    FYI- results are up on TOS. I won't be sharing it on social media for another few days.
    Eric
    Owner/Instructor
    Green Eye Tactical
    Www.greeneyetactical.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast