Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the HPA is a false flag - Get ready to get angry (A Stick oped piece)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    The 'silence' out of Washington on the 2A has me concerned.

As a nation, since Trump took office we have lost ground. I know some States have regained some carry rights but others have lost possession rights. In Chess that would be akin to trading a Rook for a Pawn. Can't play that game very long.
    While Trump has held a strong stance up to this point, the more liberal states have freaked out. The left coast is going to turn into one large CA at this rate.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    While passage of the HPA would be a win, Stickman is dead-nuts on with the need to evaluate the reach of the BATFE as a whole.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The left coast is going to turn into one large CA at this rate.
    It's not just the left coast. I've been trying to tell people for years the Dems are trying to capture the east coast.

Look at the 9th Circuit Court of appeals and the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. the Dems, had it not been for Trump, would have captured PA, MD, DC, VA, NC, maybe SC, GA,and maybe FL. ... and they still have the high courts which have simply turned into arms of Liberal Law.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    It's not just the left coast. I've been trying to tell people for years the Dems are trying to capture the east coast.

Look at the 9th Circuit Court of appeals and the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. the Dems, had it not been for Trump, would have captured PA, MD, DC, VA, NC, maybe SC, GA,and maybe FL. ... and they still have the high courts which have simply turned into arms of Liberal Law.

The law has gone out the window, and feelings reign from the benches.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I genuinely hope that does happen. And I am definitely not banking on the HPA, I'm still buying cans, and enjoying them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not banking on the HPA, in fact, I don't think it has a chance. Also, as others have said... I'm sick of compromise. It's not time for the passing of the HPA, it's time we outright repeal the NFA and the Hughes Amendment and simultaneously clean house at the ATF. In all honesty, I really don't understand why the ATF even exists. An agency that regulates Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives? I've never even heard of the ATF doing much of anything when it comes to Alcohol and Tobacco. It seems as though now days we have a very specific, special federal agency for regulating every aspect of our lives.

Dismantle the TSA, DHS, NSA and ATF and DEA for starters... they're all redundant agencies that perform jobs that could just as easily be performed by the FBI and CIA. Dismantle the agencies, fire all the deadwood and transfer the good ones to an applicable similar agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Great post and opinions in the replies. Thanks Stick, et al.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    *** Wearing a badge for a couple decades leaves me with a very black and white view, an action is either against the law, or it is not. ***
    I snipped out all of the great stuff to highlight this. I think you know this is true at the badge-wearing level, but that's where it stops. Everything higher up is shades of grey; especially in Washington DC. The Donald ran and won (praise Allah) on black and white. The grey is battling him hard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I'm not banking on the HPA, in fact, I don't think it has a chance. Also, as others have said... I'm sick of compromise. It's not time for the passing of the HPA, it's time we outright repeal the NFA and the Hughes Amendment and simultaneously clean house at the ATF. In all honesty, I really don't understand why the ATF even exists. An agency that regulates Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives? I've never even heard of the ATF doing much of anything when it comes to Alcohol and Tobacco. It seems as though now days we have a very specific, special federal agency for regulating every aspect of our lives.

Dismantle the TSA, DHS, NSA and ATF and DEA for starters... they're all redundant agencies that perform jobs that could just as easily be performed by the FBI and CIA. Dismantle the agencies, fire all the deadwood and transfer the good ones to an applicable similar agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except the FBI and CIA have proven themselves to not be trusted to hold a glass of water.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva View Post
    I snipped out all of the great stuff to highlight this. I think you know this is true at the badge-wearing level, but that's where it stops. Everything higher up is shades of grey; especially in Washington DC. The Donald ran and won (praise Allah) on black and white. The grey is battling him hard.
    Grunt beat cops don't do politics, they do police work.
    Stick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast