Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Adams Arms Agency Carbine and a few questions

Feedback Score

New Adams Arms Agency Carbine and a few questions

I just picked up a new 5.56x45 Adam Arms Agency Carbine from my FFL. The total price was under $600, so it's a good deal for a piston rifle assuming it works as advertised.

Overall, it looks well built. There's just a bit more weight to the front, but it's hardly noticeable. I do have a few questions.

What's up with the spring on the carrier? Is this required some reason for the piston setup or is it just part of the fancy VDI bolt assembly?

The firing pin retaining pin was a beast to remove. Once I got it out, I realized why. I've never seen one spread open like that before. Can this be fixed or does it need to be replaced?

I'm thinking about changing out the stock set. I noticed that the upper handguard has been modified for the piston system. Before I open up the packaging of this Magpul stock set, will a Moe handguard fit or will it somehow interfere with the piston?

Any other thoughts/advice?

Feedback Score
    Congratulations! I have the low profile conversion kit, but it doesn't fit any of my handguards. I used Superlative instead on two of my rifles. I'm I terested in how you like it.

According to the AA FAQ (http://www.adamsarms.net/faq), the new MOE handguards work.

C

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting me know about their handguard FAQ. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is the most recent version. It's in a stock set kit (with matching magazine) that I purchased from Aim Surplus for a really good price, so it might be old stock. I might just have to open it up to find out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about their handguard FAQ. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is the most recent version. It's in a stock set kit (with matching magazine) that I purchased from Aim Surplus for a really good price, so it might be old stock. I might just have to open it up to find out.
    I can't provide any firsthand knowledge, outside of saying it won't hurt to reach out to Magpul. They're always very responsive and may be able to tell if that MOE is the current iteration. It might be worth a shot to call or email Magpul before breaking it open.

Let us know how it runs for you. Seems like it could be a solid value purchase.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    First AR I ever bought for myself.

The spring is needed, its how it goes into unlock without gas rings.

Great purchase, I love mine and have ran it hard.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher.dow View Post
    Congratulations! I have the low profile conversion kit, but it doesn't fit any of my handguards. I used Superlative instead on two of my rifles. I'm I terested in how you like it.

According to the AA FAQ (http://www.adamsarms.net/faq), the new MOE handguards work.

C

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Indeed. The MOE SL look mint.

SUPER TIGHT fit.

Like, 4 hands needed hard to fit. I had to slam it on with my palm at the end.

But, it looks nice.

This picture is pretty old, almost 8-9 months now.

But, that was after install of the MOE SL.

ETA: One thing I did notice, they gave me the HBAR profile from Voodoo, looks like they put the spec government profile from voodoo on yours. Otherwise, they both started out as the same base level carbine.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 03-10-17 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    The spring is needed, its how it goes into unlock without gas rings.
    That makes sense now that you mention it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The bolt spring mimics the gas pressure present in a DI gun. While it's not required for operation it does minimize cam pin and lug wear.

I'd say you got a heck of a deal, Bret. I don't know what makes up an "Agency" gun but Adams Arms is the way to go if a person wants a short stroke piston.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You got a great price too.

I picked up mine as a blem from Buds, with a life time 3rd party warranty, I wanted that in case the company bit the dust and that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, was 589. FFL brought it to 609.

Woulda saved myself 30 bucks on the buds lifetime warranty, but it was one of my first "big" gun purchases a couple years back.

Feedback Score
    That is a very fair price on Piston AR. Congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast