Feedback Score
    As for the kac why is it so much?
    Is it made with titanium parts?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLAGT View Post
    Would you post in here if you think about it...I might not see your post.
    I'll do my best to remember/do so.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    As for the kac why is it so much?
    Is it made with titanium parts?

I'm not sure why. It's likely because KAC needs to recoup R&D (they test the hell out of stuff with slow-motion videography, tens of thousands of rounds downrange, tons of torture tests, etc.), as well as the fact that almost everything in it is made JUST for it. They don't really rob any parts bins. They don't slap someone else's rail on it. They don't grab a discount BCG for it from some over-run contract from FN. Etc. This means lower production volumes from their suppliers, and economies of scale being what they are... Then of course, no lie, I bet a bit of the money is "Because we are KAC, and we can." I'm not sure how much of it is the latter, but I do know that nothing else on the market tempted me away from KAC.

-DD is gassy as hell.
    -LaRue has a chamber so tight it might jam if you spat in it.
    -I'm not a piston guy, and HK couldn't even keep the contracts they won with the 417, from what I understand.
    -I don't know a lot about POF, but I think there is a REASON companies like KAC and DD keep their .308's on larger frames. DD built their V5 completely from the ground, up, and opted for the larger frame, as a datapoint. DD's driving philosophy of weapon design is "Lighter, Faster, Stronger", so I don't really think they said "Hey guys, you know what? Let's make this shit a lot bigger than it needs to be. Because we are starting fresh, so lets just screw it up from the get-go!" Nah, I think there is something to it. What? I don't know, but that's just my logic.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the KAC, however, it kindof also is...because when you discuss one .308 gas-gun, you kindof discuss them all, because the question always becomes "But why this one...?"

Feedback Score
    For one thing pof could shorten the height of their rail system. They would need to some changes obviously.

I dont know about all that just yet. I'll be honest I kinda like the extra height so far just shouldering it. Its a more natural cheek weld for me. I just put some mbus on there to see and they pop right on up to the right spot. And with my Xsight I had actually bought a 1/2" riser that also set it back a inch so it would fit better for my needs. I dont need that riser on the pof...its a perfect fit again. This is my first time handling a pof...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So how does it shoot? Fill us in please!

M/

Feedback Score
    If they shorten the height of the rail, it could save more weight.
    I was looming at my older model pof and my SF 308 from AA and it's a noticeable diffe6in height of the rails.

#ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd501 View Post
    So how does it shoot? Fill us in please!

M/
    LOL sorry I been busy catching up. I didn't get a chance to video it or dial in sights. We just blasted away into the marsh/water (way down south Louisiana) with some out the box mbus flip ups and not cleaning the gun at all. I absolutely love it! Fired and cycled every round...probably 200 rounds of various kinds. The kick is light too...I want to shoot it side by side with my sig at the range when I can. Super easy and light to hold and shoot with flip ups or a red dot. We had electronic ear muffs so the brake was a non issue. I just love it...rail height and all. One of my fav guns in the safe now...ill probably flip between this and my rem700 308 in a magpul hunter stock depending on what/how im hunting.

Feedback Score
    I was looming at my older model pof and my SF 308 from AA and it's a noticeable diffe6in height of the rails.

They could but im not having a problem with the height honestly. At least nothing that i have ran into so far. They could have saved a lot of weight...rail height...handguard length...adj gas block and the piston. But it feels soo good in my hands.

Feedback Score
    It'll be interesting to see how durable this system is. I recall that they cancelled the MK48 after enough rounds were fired for them to realize that a 5.56 BCG couldn't stand up to the caliber change. Hopefully POF didn't just hollow out an AR15 bolt until a 308 casing would fit inside.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    Nice. I wished pof rail height was shorter.

If they could just save some height of the rail it would save more weight

If pof can shorten the height of the rail they could definitely make it lighter

For one thing pof could shorten the height of their rail system.

So do you think the rail being too tall makes it heavier?

Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast