Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best General Purpose All Around AR-15 under $800

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Parts failure discussions remind me of Jeff Cooper's reply when a guy wrote and asked if a certain pistol would endure for the long run. Cooper replied that in the long run we'll all be dead. I think we should be more concerned about chronic failure rather than statistically inevitable occasional failure that reflects problems within the same lot of parts.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    So with recent threads of BCM bolts failing to extract, what would you say their failure rate stands at? They also made the customers cover the expense to send it in for repair.
    Haven't seen any of these threads. From our experience, people put in the O-Ring in the extractor. The over tensioning tends to cause more problems than it fixes.

Generally, the error (if there is one) is either a stupid user trick (bad ammo, O-ring, no lube, do not clean chamber, etc). So yes, they should pay for shipping. If the error was on BCM's part, then they should cover shipping.

All BCM guns and BCG's are test fired. So they work when they leave the factory.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-20-17 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

Link?

Official Kremlin Transmission
    Try this. The link will take you to the most recent thread. In my post you'll then find a hyperlink to the other recent thread. There are also comments in each thread referencing the BCM extractor/ejector issue on a larger scale.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Haven't seen any of these threads. From our experience, people put in the O-Ring in the extractor. The over tensioning tends to cause more problems than it fixes.

Generally, the error (if there is one) is either a stupid user trick (bad ammo, O-ring, no lube, do not clean chamber, etc). So yes, they should pay for shipping. If the error was on BCM's part, then they should cover shipping.

All BCM guns and BCG's are test fired. So they work when they leave the factory.

C4
    See post #63 above.

Also, in both instances I believe the O-Ring was not being used in the problem BCGs.

ETA: So if a gun/component is test fired at the factory it's guaranteed to function. Does that apply to any mfg? Because just about every AR in the market would qualify.
    Last edited by Kdubya; 03-20-17 at 13:36.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    See post #63 above.

Also, in both instances I believe the O-Ring was not being used in the problem BCGs.

ETA: So if a gun/component is test fired at the factory it's guaranteed to function. Does that apply to any mfg? Because just about every AR in the market would qualify.
    In the one thread that I read, there wasn't sufficient trouble shooting done. For instance, you take the BCG and shoot it in a gun you know runs. While it could be an over tension spring, some of the components in those "home builds" are suspect in my book.

Most AR manufacturers do not test fire their BCG's. We are also not talking about just the ONE proof round.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I can't speak to BCMs bolt failure rate, however if my five buddies had BCMs and one had a defective bolt I would say it is 20% among my friends.

It's just math.
    Yup that sounds about right

Feedback Score
    20% bolt failure rate.

Seems legit.
    lol just because 1 out of 5 came defective in from the factory, automatically there's a 20% failure rate, sure. I've shot all 5 of them and they work just fine. That 1 bolt was an isolated case and he just got unlucky.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't speak to BCMs bolt failure rate, however if my five buddies had BCMs and one had a defective bolt I would say it is 20% among my friends.

It's just math.
    Sample size of 5.

Statistically significant?

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have your BIL watch this video. Grant shot it in Vegas and liked it. (Won the pepper popper comp with it too.) Hopefully he'll chime in.

ETA: This should come in very close to his price.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    In the one thread that I read, there wasn't sufficient trouble shooting done. For instance, you take the BCG and shoot it in a gun you know runs. While it could be an over tension spring, some of the components in those "home builds" are suspect in my book.

Most AR manufacturers do not test fire their BCG's. We are also not talking about just the ONE proof round.

C4
    What further troubleshooting do you suggest? I posted pretty much my full parts list as well. I'm not fortunate enough to have a whole bin of extractors and springs to try to see if it resolves the problem I'm having, so I asked the mfg to take a look.

I'd think throwing a known functional bolt in the gun and getting the expected functionality was sufficient to indicate a problem with the BCG, but that's why I came here for recommendations. Even IG suggested contacting the mfg...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast