Thread: Cold Weather Gloves for Hunting and EDC

Feedback Score

Cold Weather Gloves for Hunting and EDC

Okay, I'm reaching out to you guys for your input on a mid-weight glove for cold weather. Currently I'm using USMC issued Outdoor Research gloves, I' pretty sure these are it https://military.outdoorresearch.com...-old-8119.html. I love these gloves, I've used them for Hunting in approximately 30* to 5* weather and I normally wear them when taking the dog for a walk which I do daily. I love them because they don't give anything up for dexterity and they're light weight for the amount of warmth I get out of them. The size is also very nice because my finger fits comfortably into every trigger guard I own. On of the biggest issues is, the grip. They have very little grip. I've augmented this by adding talon grips to my carry guns or placed grip tape in certain areas to help. This does a decent job for my guns, but everything else I might use on a day to day basis just doesn't grip that well. I've tried many other gloves, but none come close to being as warm or light weight, and I have an issue with spending $200 for a similar par with grip https://military.outdoorresearch.com...view/id/64287/.

Your thoughts and reviews are appreciated.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    go for the 200 don't be cheap, jk that's another gun...I wouldn't pay 200 for grip.. that's just me.... wait for them to go on sale.

Sent from my SM-Note4

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It is like every other gear decision. Buy once, cry once. OR is the real deal for cold weather gear as you have found out. Others like Black Diamond, Mountain Hardware, North Face, etc. are going to expensive too. The up side is they do what they are supposed to and last the longest.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    It is like every other gear decision. Buy once, cry once. OR is the real deal for cold weather gear as you have found out. Others like Black Diamond, Mountain Hardware, North Face, etc. are going to expensive too. The up side is they do what they are supposed to and last the longest.
    I've tried some similar North Face and Mtn Hardware, however, none had the warmth that the OR had. I don't mind paying up to $70 if they last, but I have a hard time with $150 plus when I think about all the other stuff I can purchase for that price.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hear ya.

I don't deal with serious cold much anymore but old habits...
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    A possible cold weather glove with dexterity, grip, and ability to get in any trigger guard for $70?

PIG BRAVO GLOVE
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Insulated golf gloves, and insulated football gloves. while not tactical they both work well and have good grip. the insulated golf gloves leave the trigger finger uninsulated, makes it very nice for shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    Insulated golf gloves, and insulated football gloves. while not tactical they both work well and have good grip. the insulated golf gloves leave the trigger finger uninsulated, makes it very nice for shooting.
    I'll have to look into this, thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk