Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Makes Some Changes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt Makes Some Changes

I read that Colt has closed their custom shop and laid off its employees. NOT TRUE.

Note: Colt has not closed its custom shop or anything else. I erroneously posted that it had. I apologize for the careless mistake.
    Last edited by williejc; 03-11-17 at 16:56. Reason: misinformation posted by errror

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    I read that Colt has closed their custom shop and laid off its employees. There's more information on the 1911 Forum.
    The Colt Custom shop has not been closed but they are not taking any new work. You need to read more on the 1911 forum.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I read that some gentlemen named Brent got relieved of duty in customer service or the CCS. Didn't think the Custom Shop was closing.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They've been actively dispelling those rumors on FB.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva View Post
    I read that some gentlemen named Brent got relieved of duty in customer service or the CCS. Didn't think the Custom Shop was closing.
    That is true. Brent Turchi ran the Colt Custom Shop and he was let go.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Necropost........Heard in a Gun shop today...
    So today I'm in "Freedom Firearms" in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It's exactly 2:10 pm when I hear... "Don't buy Colt.... they're a Chinese owned company... ". Twas an older man behind the counter talking to a man and a women... He was explaining the quality of handguns.

Say it isn't so....
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostRider View Post
    Necropost........Heard in a Gun shop today...
    So today I'm in "Freedom Firearms" in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It's exactly 2:10 pm when I hear... "Don't buy Colt.... they're a Chinese owned company... ". Twas an older man behind the counter talking to a man and a women... He was explaining the quality of handguns.

Say it isn't so....
    What a complete shame, such ignorance on behalf of a "industry professional" (referring to salesman)

Feedback Score
    Colt also has a 9 to 12 month wait on basic warranty work. Contacted them a few months back about horrible issues with a NIB series 70 reproduction and was quoted 9 to 12 month wait on basic warranty work
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thats a shame, but at least they are out of bankruptcy and seem to have learned a valuable lesson regarding the civilian market. I'm going to give them a year or so to see how they do now that the dust is settling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Colt also has a 9 to 12 month wait on basic warranty work. Contacted them a few months back about horrible issues with a NIB series 70 reproduction and was quoted 9 to 12 month wait on basic warranty work
    I have not experienced that. Two week turn around on a nicked feed ramp on an alloy frame where the mag follower tilted forward and nicked it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast