Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colt Expanse - Not All Same

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    and thats exactly why no more Colt employee's build them into guns. The parts are sent to Texas where the pathetic pony is assembled by non Colt employee's.

and again its a place for them to dump parts, over runs even it doesn't all have to be bless even. And when they don't have parts to dump they can keep using the anderson crap. Personally I'd take a Colt blem over anderson.
    Look...the goal of manufacturing management is to refine and improve processes to the point of eliminating mistakes. You do not continue to the point of opening the new "pathetic pony" product line.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since we're guessing and assuming, I guess and assume it's automatically cheaper to have a non-union employee make something than a union employee make something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Butch - I ass-u-me the same thing.

While looking for the wages of Colt union employees I found something that I did not know in Wiki:

Bushmaster has subsequently overtaken Colt in the number of AR-15s sold on the civilian market. Colt suffered a legal defeat in court when it sued Bushmaster for trademark infringement claiming that "M4" was a trademark that it owned. The judge ruled that since the term M4 is a generic designation that Colt does not specifically own, Colt had to pay monetary reimbursement to Bushmaster to recoup Bushmaster's legal fees.

Wondering, is that currently true regarding production numbers?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-28-17 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    The fact is Colt has outsourced the production of an entry level product. The intrinsic quality of the product is in my view no less than that of competing entry level ARs. In the case of mine, the fact is that the lower, upper, barrel, f marked sight post, buffer tube, fcg, and most of the small parts are Colt manufactured. The bolt is MP tested but not C marked. The bc is well staked but not C marked.

The furniture - who cares.

As far as entry level AR goes - at 599 mine was a WAY better option than the competition, if only because of the total number of Colt parts I identified in it. I swapped out the parts I didnt like, and decided I could live with a 4150 non lined medium contour barrel.

The fact is other Expanses I have examined do NOT have the same upper receiver as mine which is C, M4 and T marked. But they do appear to be properly assembled. Not sure I would see that as good a deal for basis of build.

The constant bashing of Colt by disillusioned fanboys is typical of the web - repetitive, predictable, circular and oddly passionate.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Butch - I ass-u-me the same thing.

While looking for the wages of Colt union employees I found something that I did not know in Wiki:

Bushmaster has subsequently overtaken Colt in the number of AR-15s sold on the civilian market. Colt suffered a legal defeat in court when it sued Bushmaster for trademark infringement claiming that "M4" was a trademark that it owned. The judge ruled that since the term M4 is a generic designation that Colt does not specifically own, Colt had to pay monetary reimbursement to Bushmaster to recoup Bushmaster's legal fees.

Wondering, is that currently true regarding production numbers?
    The ATF publishes production figures each year. Bushmaster production has been at, or near, the top of the list for some time. Colt has had years that were towards the top, but generally is towards the upper end of the middle of the pack in production. S&W I believe overtook everyone in the past year or two. I don't recall the numbers, but it was a pretty surprising level of output. Something like 200-300k rifles in one year.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345