Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt Expanse - Not All Same

Feedback Score
    I also had a bunch of good parts and furniture lying around.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I get the concept of the Colt Expanse. They need something to compete with the market that is attracted to the S&W M&P Sport. And if the current price of a 6920 was in the $1,100 - 1,200 range or higher, I might take a hard look at one.

But with OEM-1's and 2's going for as cheap as they are, I have a hard time not recommending that route. Grant had OEM-1's for under $700 recently. Yes I know you have the additional cost of the furniture and rear sight, but you end up with a consistent quality. One that I would trust my life to. One that I did trust my life to as a Patrol Rifle for a few years, until I switched to a mid length DD. But I'd carry a 6920 again in a heartbeat if I had to.

I keep a 6920 with MagPul MOE sl furniture around as a "demo" rifle for people who are interested in their first AR. And I also keep it around because it's a fun gun to shoot. Each of my kids have a 6920 with the same furniture.

Yes, I get that Colt outsourced the Expanse so that they can compete with the M&P Sport. But I'd rather have someone save up a bit longer and just go the 6720/6920 route if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    If my LGS ever had an OEM for 699 that would be the best way to go for sure.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by creedal View Post
    If my LGS ever had an OEM for 699 that would be the best way to go for sure.

Check with Grant at G&R. Buying the gun on line avoids sales tax so long as you don't live in Ohio (where his store is). The cost of shipping and transfer fee charged by your FFL would be the sale or less than the sales tax you would pay when buying from your local store.

Feedback Score
    My le6940 was apparently an early version with the restricted roll marks on the right side of the magwell. It came with the standard Colt carbine stock and a Matech BUIS.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Is your name PT McCain?
    If it is, his tenure will be quite short.

Feedback Score
    I am new here: Is somebody asking me if my name is PT McCain? That is not my name and I don't know who he is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by creedal View Post
    I am new here: Is somebody asking me if my name is PT McCain? That is not my name and I don't know who he is.

I spend most of my time outside, in the sun and away from electronic devices so I'm out of the loop on that one. I did a quick GOOGLE search and that name seems to associated with some Troll or forum trouble maker who has been sent to cyber Hell more than once, shoveling bandwidth brimstone even as we write this, I would guess.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score

M4 above gas tube sorta visible in this pic, but clear as day in real life.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Most of the non-Colt parts on the expanse are made by anderson. I saw this while visiting an OEM who was manufacturing fixtures and dies for anderson.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast