Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR/M4 Targets...What Do You Shoot At??

Feedback Score

AR/M4 Targets...What Do You Shoot At??

Some of the more interesting and fun things to shoot at when I'm not at the range (anal Rangemasters) include:

Charcoal Briquets

Shaving Cream (yes, full of the white stuff-creates a helluva show)

Clay Pigeons (on my steel target platform)

Tannerite

Air Gun CO2 cylinders (embedded in a dirt bank)

What do you guys shoot?

Feedback Score
    rabbits, coyotes, junk laying around in the desert.

Feedback Score
    Al Qaeda, Naqshibandi, Insurgents, Terrorists, junk laying around in the desert.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Steel gongs. That's all I need.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger11 View Post
    Al Qaeda, Naqshibandi, Insurgents, Terrorists, junk laying around in the desert.
    Too funny, I love it!

Feedback Score
    I found a bunch of cans of "Great Stuff" (the expanding foam stuff you use around the house) really cheap one time. They did the same as shaving cream (also fun to shoot), but left little growing "sprouts" all over the desert that we shot when we ran out of other stuff.
    On the cheap, I like the idea of shooting Charcoal Briquets. I've brought out a sack of patatos, that was cheap and still had a cool affect. Watermellon is awesome, expensive though. You really can't beat seeing it explode with that little bullet thats "just a .22"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like taking 20oz. drink bottles, filling them up w/ water and freezing them. Those work great for up to 200m. 2 liter bottles for 200 - 400m, and milk jugs for 400m+. Good way to "recycle" your trash, or at least get one more use out of it before it goes to the recycling plant (and no, I never leave one single shred of trash at my personal range - the only range we had here was shut down by liberal bone-heads because one group of ignorant a-holes couldn't clean up after themselves ).
    You don't have to freeze the jugs, the water works well for a nice effect too, but the ice is harder, and the bullet actually reacts to it more, and the explosion is more violent.
    Other than that, there's an old barn in my field, with a wealth of old cinder blocks, those are nice, as well as bricks, and I even have an old Chevy small-block V8 that I have set up at 300m to test high-powered rifle penetration (the 5.56 just "chips" at it LOL, although a 70gr. Barnes did break a piece off the lifter valley out once... ) I had 2 of them, but my other one was shot with my friend's Armalite AR30 .338 Lapua... the words "obliterate" and "decimate" come to mind, but needless to say, it shattered.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    I like taking 20oz. drink bottles, filling them up w/ water and freezing them. Those work great for up to 200m. 2 liter bottles for 200 - 400m, and milk jugs for 400m+.
    I hope you're using a scoped rifle. I could barely see a 20 oz bottle a 200m unless it was painted bright orange.

But yeah. I'll take aluminum cans if I'm shooting in an area that has a water source out there. Those are great for rimfire reactive targets.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I forgot about shooting soda bottles. I once saved up all the 2 liter bottles I could for almost a year. I filled them with water, put a few drops of different color food color in each and took them to a quary and set them up everywhere. It was pretty awesome calling out the color bottle to shoot out, turning, scanning, shooting, scanning, shooting... like mentioned above, great reaction from hitting the bottle. I never tried ice though...

Feedback Score
    Paper plates.

Killed a bowling pin last time out.

-David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast