Just picked up one of their stripped lowers. (Which is really nice by the way!) While I'm waiting for the CA 10 day waiting period to expire, I've been researching which upper to go with. The guy at the shop I picked up the lower from has a complete HS build and seems to like it pretty well.

Apparently, the guys at HS were originally from Colt, so I can only surmise that they brought with them their experience from Colt. Unfortunately, there's VERY little information on their hardware. They market their rifles as "Mil-Spec", but without details, that could mean just about anything.

On their parts page, they cross reference all their AR parts to Colt part numbers, so I'm wondering if they're simply manufacturing a cheaper Colt at the same or near quality?

Lastly, there's a good deal on a complete CMMG upper for just about the same price as the High Standard built would cost me. I'm leaning toward the CMMG set up, but if the HS stuff is quality, I'd like to keep the money in the local shop vs. internet purchase.