Thread: Heizer Defense PAR1 & PAK1

Feedback Score

Heizer Defense PAR1 & PAK1

Sorry if this is the wrong section but they really don't fit anywhere. So I put them here since they call it an "ar pistol"I stumbled upon these from an advertisement in an Email. https://heizerdefense.com/category/p...uns/par1-guns/ Looks like a single shot pistol about the size of a G43 that fires a .223. Also available in 7.62 x 39(PAK1). https://heizerdefense.com/2015/05/28/the-pak1/ I don't know that I see the point but maybe one of you guys can explain it to me. Looks painful. As snappy as my wife's lcp is I can't imagine a .223 or 7.62 in a pistol that's not much bigger.
    Last edited by Kevslatvin; 03-12-17 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Holy singed eyebrows and ruptured ear drums....

I guess someone will buy it.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    That looks miserable to shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    That looks miserable to shoot.
    In more ways than one now that I think about it.
    I guess if you had to use it and miss they'll disoriented from the muzzle blast. I've read on hear when you get down under an 8in barrel it has a concussive effect like a flash bang or similar. Maybe it's not too bad though. Maybe with only 2 or 3 inches there's not enough time to ignite that much powder.
    Last edited by Kevslatvin; 03-14-17 at 15:01. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I remember watching a video on youtube of a guy shooting the 7.62X39 one. Um, the blast didn't look that bad, probably because the powder wasn't totally burned, but then fireball was rather epic. I want to say that the manufacturer had in the manual that it was restricted to using only certain ammo, brass maybe, I can't recall. I do remember that there were issues getting the casing to extract on multiple shots, and even perhaps one where it locked the entire gun up. Have handled their .45 derringer one, wasn't really impressed, didn't find it overly comfortable in my hand, and there were a few edges that weren't sharp but far from smooth that I could see just digging into my hand when fired. And for the record I think I'd almost rather go to knife then use that thing. The fact that I have about the same in my Glock 19, with nightsites, tool to install nightsites, holster, mag carrier, mags, and ammo and other assorted odds and ends that the guy who was buying the .45 had in the base gun also makes me consider them to be at best a niche firearm. The .223 and 7.62x39 ones are, well, useless as far as anything practical is concerned.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink