Thread: Favorite load for 9mm 115 gr coated RN + Unique or BE-86

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Favorite load for 9mm 115 gr coated RN + Unique or BE-86

Title says it all. I'm figuring out some 9mm plinking loads and Unique & BE-86 are the two powders I'm having trouble finding published loads for. I own 4 manuals, and none of them have these combos listed. Lyman 49th has 120gr data for Unique. Lee 2nd Ed. doesn't list Unique or BE-86 in the 115 LRN chart. Hornady 9th and Nosler No. 4 don't even have lead bullet data. Alliant's website has data for 125 gr LRN but not 115 gr.

I know some people are squeamish about posting their load data on forums, so I won't hold it against anyone who doesn't feel comfortable sharing. If I have to, I'll work with the Lyman 120 gr data and just add 0.1 - 0.2 a grains of powder for Unique.

Anyone have a pet load with these combos that they're willing to share?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unfortunately not for the two powders you listed. I use WSF for all my 9mm loads, 115, 124 and 147's. Very accurate.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Title says it all. I'm figuring out some 9mm plinking loads and Unique & BE-86 are the two powders I'm having trouble finding published loads for. I own 4 manuals, and none of them have these combos listed. Lyman 49th has 120gr data for Unique. Lee 2nd Ed. doesn't list Unique or BE-86 in the 115 LRN chart. Hornady 9th and Nosler No. 4 don't even have lead bullet data. Alliant's website has data for 125 gr LRN but not 115 gr.

I know some people are squeamish about posting their load data on forums, so I won't hold it against anyone who doesn't feel comfortable sharing. If I have to, I'll work with the Lyman 120 gr data and just add 0.1 - 0.2 a grains of powder for Unique.

Anyone have a pet load with these combos that they're willing to share?
    I just saw this on Alliants Website for 9mm 115grn: (9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ Federal 1.12 4 Fed 100 BE-86 6.1 1,219) I don't know if it will come up for you the same as for me but here is a link to a page with a bunch of info for BE-86. http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...8&cartridge=23 I assume you have a good supply of these two powders that's why your playing around with them,,I used Unigue 20 years ago I think, its still a good powder but guess I have moved on to Universal/titegroup/ & a few lesser ones. But hey use what ya got and if it works for ya then have at it. Here is another link for Unigue for ya,hope this helps ! http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...3&cartridge=23