Thread: Stock for my LMT MWS ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Stock for my LMT MWS ?

well shit fire and save the matches, I changed stocks to the ACS, which I like better than the sop mod, but I still struggle for cheek weld and getting comfortable.

Im thinking I have to go to the PRS Gen 3 stock. Anybody run this stock? I had the old version on my first MWS, and liked it.

Today I ran my MWS gun to 300, 500, 630, 900 and 1,000, but was never enjoying myself and following my shots SUCKED. Any watch outs for this gen 3 guys?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My MWS just had a SOPMOD, and same with my ACC. OBR has had a PRS, some big Magpul with an add-on from Battlesomething that was really really adjustable. It now now as CTR with a RISR. My favorite setup for that gun. It gets my cheek just high enough for the scope. Makes sense as it was designed for a 308 gas gun. Sometimes less is more. Not everything actually needs an adjustment or a widget.

Laying on the dirt with my CQBSS/ACC resting on a Weibad bag I can spot impacts from 250ish-1km...but it does have a MAMS.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The LMT DMR stock is good to go. Had one. Liked it... but I found I was just fine with the ACS, so I just stuck with it and let the DMR stock go.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I run an a1 stock. For my set up it provides good check weld for me. I ended up going with the rifle length buffer tube and slash heavy buffer to slow down my bcg when shooting suppressed. I was getting bolt over base failures. I initially purchased a prs, but wasn't happy with the set up for the cost. The a1 for me fit and was cheaper.

Last edited by bubba04; 03-14-17 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the STR plus the enhanced pad on my MWS. I believe the cheek angle is a little different than both the SOPMOD and ACS. No issues spotting impacts out to 900m.

Nongshim, which weibad bag are you using? I have some small ones for rear bags, but I seem to remember you talking about using one out front instead of a bipod on your ACC in another thread.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I'm a big fan of the STR plus the enhanced pad on my MWS. I believe the cheek angle is a little different than both the SOPMOD and ACS. No issues spotting impacts out to 900m.

Nongshim, which weibad bag are you using? I have some small ones for rear bags, but I seem to remember you talking about using one out front instead of a bipod on your ACC in another thread.
    I have a Berry Bag but rarely/never use it. Barricade Bag is attached to OBR hand guard just ahead of the magwell with shock cord so that it can move. I use a Pump Pillow and a Tac Pad all the time.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I put the Gen3 PRS stock on my MWS and it made a world of difference to me. Total game changer. To each his own, but I could not shoot my gun with the ACS stock on.

I also shot some bolt gun , very hot , ammo out of my gun and shot cloverleaf groups. Best groups I've ever shot.

It's good when it works out.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"