Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Bags

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Second on this one. I don't know who makes it for them, it seems to be sold under numerous brands. Midway generally has them priced as low or lower than anyone.

I've been giving it a pretty good workout since I've retired and no longer have a 'locker' at the range. I had a tendency to overload it by carrying to much ammo, so now I carry my ammo in a check harbor freight tool bag.

It is well-made.
    I have that bag and it is marked as 'ALLEN'. Perhaps they are the primary manufacturer. It is good quality for the money, I purchased off of Amazon. I use the larger bag as a storage bag for firearms related things as a whole, then use the 'insert' bag as my range bag.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love my i-SHOT Tournament bag, sadly I think they are out of business. Some floating around the EEs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Eberlestock Gunslinger 2. In the main compartment i have all my ammo, ears/eyes, binos, mags, med, etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had the 5.11 bag for awhile. It's better made than the Midway bag (which I bought and returned). It's big, but carries well.

Feedback Score
    I'll be honest, I just go to ross and pick out a decent sized one for like $25.
    It's a bit more inconspicuous when I carry it around. Plus it lasts long enough.

Otherwise, for when I need to bring the entire kitchen sink, I use an LBT medium 3 wheeled kit bag.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've had the 5.11 bag for awhile. It's better made than the Midway bag (which I bought and returned). It's big, but carries well.
    What did you find lacking in the Midway that you returned it? Any distinct differences

I have my suspicions that the Midway, the 5.11, and the LAPG Elite are sourced from the same place.

I thought mine was a Midway, but it turns out it is a LAPG Elite. No logo.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-20-17 at 00:11.

Feedback Score
    My favorite range bag has been my GPS Tactical range backpack. It's not super roomy but very well made and organized and comes with three handgun soft cases that fit in a dedicated pouch, or it fits one soft case and a 30 cal ammo can.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I agree with 26 Inf.

My Midway looks exactly the same as the 5.11. My only issue is the top zipper broke on one side when it fell off my truck. I just stapled it up and it's holding fine.

Actually, a second issue is it's really big, so I recently bought a smaller bag. Ended up with an LAPG bag, which is perfect for a couple of pistols, mags and ammo. http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-bg-...basicplus.html
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    If I'm just taking a few handguns I'm running a OSOE tool bag with various velcro backed cards and organizers.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Workforce tool bag from Home Depot.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast