Thread: MEN 7.62x51NATO

Feedback Score

MEN 7.62x51NATO

bought a ton of the 147gr MEN16 ammo and I've found it pretty clean burning and very accurate for my HK91. would anyone know what powder and how many grains it is so I could look at making performance loads of this. Because with 168gr Sierra Matchkings BTHP and 42gr of 748 gives me 1.5 MOA at 100 yds when the MEN gets me .8 MOA at 100 yds.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I weighed the charge, and it was some nominal even grain charge.... like 40 or 42 grains. It's a mild round compared to XM80. I think the bullet and brass are what make MEN shoot well... more so than the powder. I'd just load TAC or something if I was trying to get in the ball park.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If you're getting .8MOA out of a stock HK91 with this ammo I'd forget trying to duplicate the load and start stacking cases of the stuff up DEEP in my basement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    If you're getting .8MOA out of a stock HK91 with this ammo I'd forget trying to duplicate the load and start stacking cases of the stuff up DEEP in my basement.
    +1 If you can shoot five 5-shot groups on another day and average less than 1MOA, you need to buy all of that ammo you can find.
    http://www.unammo.com/#1081 About half way down. You're looking at almost $0.60 per cartridge delivered.