Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
Most interesting, Stick. I am very into recycling stuff that maybe ought not to be, just to see what the limits really are..... on my own equipment of course. Most notable are two upper receivers salvaged from KaBooms and a nice Lothar Walther barrel, same. Whatever caused the blowup, it was not a squib or at any rate there was no evident damage to the barrel. However the bolt was damaged and I assumed the barrel extension was compromised so I replaced it, and yup, the gas port came up in the wrong place so I just "drilt me a new 1". This gun was in my article "It's Alive" a couple SWATs ago. There was no issue staying around 1 1/4" using several brands of ammo using 77SMK's that are duty grade and not match ammo. With match 77's and a Millett DMS 2 on 6X it'll break 1MOA but not by a ton..... anyway I felt it showed appreciation for not being cut up into washers.

Didja by chance get to bore scope that reject before starting?

Your thoughts and input are very welcome in any of my threads, especially in ones like this. This was not bore scoped, cleaned, or anything else. It was used and ugly when turned in, and it was used and ugly when we shot the above.

I do think bore scope pictures would have been a nice addition, or at least good info for us to have over here, but the end result is all that really matters for this article.

We have a few more barrels sitting over here which were turned back in for whatever reason, if people like this article we may do up a few more barrels combined with articles showing builds and how we do things.

Too bad you aren't closer to our location, I think we would have a great time playing around with some of this stuff. Sorry I missed your SWAT article.