Thread: MSA Sordin Basic vs PRO hearing protection?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

MSA Sordin Basic vs PRO hearing protection?

Any comments form someone who has used both?
    Looking to upgrade from a pair of Howrad Leights and am curious about the basic model of the Sordins. They are still more than I'd like to spend but I value my hearing and understand that good ear pro is important.
    Any feedback from users would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by sva01; 03-15-17 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    If I recall there was a very slight price difference on amazon. PRO is extremely comfortable. Gel ear cups.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    Any comments form someone who has used both?
    Looking to upgrade from a pair of Howrad Leights and am curious about the basic model of the Sordins. They are still more than I'd like to spend but I value my hearing and understand that good ear pro is important.
    Any feedback from users would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    I have all 3 levels of Sordins.

The big difference in Pro vs. Basic is digital vs. analog sound. The Pro also has more amplification if that's something you're interested in.

The Pros are $185 shipped currently which is about $50 more than the basics. Just depends how much you value the $50 and the clearer sound I suppose.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I have all 3 levels of Sordins.

The big difference in Pro vs. Basic is digital vs. analog sound. The Pro also has more amplification if that's something you're interested in.

The Pros are $185 shipped currently which is about $50 more than the basics. Just depends how much you value the $50 and the clearer sound I suppose.

I was thinking of going with the Basic and adding the gel cups which puts me in the $180 range...

If I'm understanding you, the Basic don't have any shortcomings, they're just not as nice as the Pro?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was thinking of going with the Basic and adding the gel cups which puts me in the $180 range...

If I'm understanding you, the Basic don't have any shortcomings, they're just not as nice as the Pro?
    I'd research on the compression technology each uses, that has a far more affect on usability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The sound quality and volume levels could be construed as a "shortcoming" for sure.

Feedback Score
    I believe the battery compartment on the Pro is waterproof. I don't think the basic is.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."